Honored Contributor

Re: What do you buy "back-up duplicates" of?

I bought multiples of tailored trousers and shoes when I was working. I had 2 pairs of identical black trousers, and the same pant in grey and navy. I had 2 of the same black shoe in black and also one in navy. I always buy 2 identical jeans if possible when I find a great pair. I buy multiples of sweaters & tees in different colors & prints. I don't like to buy multiples of memorable prints. For example, a beautiful blouse with a distinctive print might come in different colors, but I would only buy one.

Honored Contributor

I may think of backups wrong since I don't see multiples in your closet as a backup. To me, a backup is something you store away in case something happens to the item you love by either accident, wearing it out, or it gets discontinued and you won't be able to get another.

-

Using that definition, never for clothing or shoes. I have accidentally bought something I already had because I forgot I had it. I do it on occasion for beauty products though, and I'll buy extras of a favorite food if they start disappearing from store shelves, but usually not all they have. Just yesterday I bought two boxes of teas that have been off my closest Target's shelf for awhile but was at one a little farther away since we were in the area. They had 3, but I only bought 2. I'm wondering if it is being discontinued though since they haven't re-stocked it at the other store, but I didn't want to be greedy.

-

I'm another who finds the things I love discontinued on a regular basis. I recently bought 3 Moremo Hair Lifter root lift sprays on HSN which were on clearance since I was afraid clearance meant it wouldn't be back. I haven't checked back yet to see if there's been any change. Got a really good price though.

Honored Contributor

A log time ago I read an article that suggested 2 pairs of the same shoes will last as long as 3 pairs of you rotate wearing them.

So I always buy 2 pairs of shoes that I will wear often.
Trusted Contributor

I swim laps everyday for fitness, so I do buy duplicates of Lands End swimsuits that I like if I can get one for a good price on ebay. I also buy duplicates of khaki bermuda shorts because I wear those almost everyday in the summer.

I am more apt to buy different colors of the same item, like sweaters and t-shirts. I probably do that too much. Sometimes I think everything in my wardrobe is too much alike.

Esteemed Contributor

I ALWAYS buy backups of blouses and shoes that I really like.😊

All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

@Goldengate8361- Asics running shoes are the best. I will only buy Asics.

Valued Contributor

I have multiple pairs of black dress pants. I work in a bank and cannot dress casual. When I find a pair that fits well and are flattering I will buy multiple pairs.

Respected Contributor

I do a LOT of walking for exercise and I always have several pairs of walking shoes as I wear the soles right off of them. I use my Kohls Cash and discounts to buy them when I can get a good price and do not wait until I need them.

----------------------------------------------------

I have a pair of summer sandals, a two strap wedge, that I adore. When I saw another pair of them at Marshall's on the clearance shelf, I bought them as a backup. I tend to buy multiples of an article of clothing, in different colors, if it fits well and looks nice on me.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

@781FloristTHANK YOU for the info!

Honored Contributor

Last time I counted, I had 33 black turtleneck tops. Most long sleeves., a few short sleeves and sleeveless. Different fabrics for different occasions..