Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you buy "back-up duplicates" of?

@781Florist

What are these glasses called, how would I find them on Amazon? I also have a "wide" head and find readers that fit well hard to find. TIA.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I found a sweater, it's a fine gague mock neck and it fits like a dream. I got a black and gray, and then ordered a navy, burgund, taupe, and back up black. They make dressing so easy as they go with jeans and regulat pants.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I buy multiples of things that are difficult for me to find, such as 100% cotton nightgowns; and shoes, because I wear a very hard-to-find size.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have multiples of the exact same: Turtleneck tops. Shoes. Bras. Pants, more shoes. I only wear certain styles snd always buy multiples.

So easy to get dressed. It all coordinates.

Respected Contributor

I have purchased multiples of the same fashion item in different colors from Linea by Louis Dell'Olio. Oh yeah, almost forgot....underpants LOL!

Honored Contributor

Some sensible black shoes. I wore that same style to work for over ten years. Must have purchased them a dozen times at Payless Shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I find a perfect fit dressy black pant, a perfected fitted pair of jeans. I will buy a couple for when the first pants wear out.

Honored Contributor

I wear black denim most days at work because it's warmer. When I find the right jean, I buy multiples.

Honored Contributor

It is very difficult for me to find clothing that fits me well and flatters my figure. When I find something that fits well, I buy multiples of the following:

Wacoal bras

Christopher and Banks tee shirts in sleeveless, short, elbow, 3/4 and long sleeve...I have well over 100 shirts.

Jeans

Shoes

Land End swim suits, shorts and jackets.

Honored Contributor

When I was working, I used to buy at least 2 or 3 of everything that I liked. Maybe different colors and even the same color. Because I figured I might not see it again.

What a mistake.

When I retired I ended up donating over 100 work clothing items ( I counted the hangers). What a waste of money. Many of the items still had their tags on them.

I no longer wear blazers, dresses, dress slacks etc. It still bothers me that I wasted so much money on clothing I never wore.

I did the same thing with shoes and handbags too.