Esteemed Contributor

What do you buy "back-up duplicates" of?

Have you ever liked something (fashion) so much that you bought a back-up to have on hand? I do this...more than I'd like to admit. I've bought back-ups of Asics athlectic shoes, back-up jogger pants, and back-up shoes of other styles. For some items that I like a great deal, I've bought multiples in other colors. What about you?

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you buy "back-up duplicates" of?

I have backups of all my favorite athletic wear, since I might not do laundry often enough to have these items clean and ready to go.

For other clothing, I don't find it necessary.

Respected Contributor

I love Asics too! I don't do as much backup clothes shopping as I did before I retired. I am much more casual now!

Valued Contributor

Yes to almost every example that you cited, as well as my most recent backup purchase...eyeglasses. I saw these tortoise shell framed pair of readers on Amazon that

were advertised for "wide faces". I have a lot of trouble with glasses because my face is apparently much wider than most, so glasses press on my temples and cause distress after a short time. I ordered these and they were everything they claimed to be! They

sit comfortably on my face and are wide enough not to press gainst my temples. The lenses were really clear and I could see perfectly. I ordered two more pair of regular readers and a pair of blue-light blocking ones. I should maybe get more, because whenever I fall in love with something it gets discontinued!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Before retirement I purchased multiples in pants, blouses, cardigans... when I found a style and fit I liked. Edited to add...I ordered lots of multiples of Linea items when they were offered. Louis gave us stylish, quality clothing and I would always buy more than one color. I am so glad I did, because although they are a bit too big for me now, I cherish my Linea items and am so glad I have them to wear.

‐------------

These days I buy hardly any multiples, except for running pants, running shoes, support tanks, underwear and socks. One recent exception, I did just buy 2 of the same pair of levi jeans...one at a time tho...because the fit was perfect.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

I have backups of Cuddl Dud Double Plush Velour Leggings. I love them and wear them all winter. I have duplicates in Black, Navy and Gray. I also bought G.I.L.I A461418 in yellow floral and receive many compliments every time I wear the jacket. I love the bright colors, which I think is unusual for a winter coat. Looks fun and 'girly' with my hot pink hat, gloves and scarf. I bought a back up. Last, I always buy multiples of white (usually 3) and black summer tshirts. You might think that I don't do laundry very often, but I do! With kids it seems like I am always doing laundry. By having duplicates of my favorites, less stress for me since one of my favorites is always clean.

Valued Contributor

Only one thing. Cream colored Cuddl Duds long sleeve tees.

I bought a cream colored Soft by Naadam tunic that has 3/4 sleeves. I can't stand cold arms and the tees match it perfectly. I have two more backup tees.

Regular Contributor

Purchased back ups my entire life - if you love something you want to always have multiples - shoes, blouses, dresses, slacks, jackets, pj's, robes, jewelry, cosmetics.

Any thing goes,especially if a particular item came in all colors of the rainbow!

Honored Contributor

Ha! I'm guilty.

Handbags. Years ago I found one so perfect for my lifestyle, I purchased 3 more thinking the manufacturer would stop making that style.

30 years later, I only wore out two. Two left. The manufacturer is still making the same style (at a higher price) among many other newer styles. I suppose others found the handbag perfect, too.

If I find something so good, I will buy more. I purchased 15 pairs of the same denim pants over a period of 3 years, around 15 years ago in 3 colors. I was concerned the manufacturer would stop making them and it did.

Denim & Co sold a perfect straight cut tunic 100% cotton t-shirt. I purchased 3 of each color, black, navy, and gray.

Then, there are those Birkenstock Arizona water sandals, so cushy and comfortable, I wear them around the house...with socks in the winter. Purchased 5 pairs in blue.

Respected Contributor

Skechers Go Walk, Seven 7 Jeans, Tek Gear sweatshirts.