Honored Contributor

Re: What do you Think of This Look?

I like the top, that's all I like.

I think the top with white boyfriend jeans and a coordinating boat shoe or sneaker would look cute.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

That's not a look I would wear, but plenty of looks that others might like also don't make it to my closet.   For example -  I doubt I'll ever buy another blue jean that isn't some shade of deep blue.  I've culled every faded blue from my closet and I don't even care for them on others.  And sox or no sox, fashion or not, I'm not one bit sorry I won't wear a shoe such as the model displays. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono  I like both tops, but like them as stand-alone.  However, I am seeing more and more stylists putting a casual top over a dressier top or a casual top over a dress and wearing the dress as either a dress or as a skirt with a top.  I think that may be the "thing" this year.  I live in the South so I could not wear a sweat in the summer and the only way I would be prone to layer in summer is if one were totally transparent.  Luv u, and thank u for all you do, NAT.

Honored Contributor

Maybe these  

81e5VSMxJ0L._SX480_.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I see so many very well-dressed fashionistas wearing sneakers (tennis shoes) and there are some very cute ones out there.  That, however, is something I will never, ever wear again as long as I have a sane mind nor will I wear a saddle oxford shoe.  I have horrible childhood memories of both.  Lord, please give me enough money and forethought to never put either on my poor, calloused and bunioned feet again.

Respected Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@Nonametoday  No one is taking away my distressed jeans! I’ve had 1 pr. since college.

@Shanus  I had a pair of pink jeans in college.  I wore them all the time.  LOVED them!  Sewed decorative fabric around the hem when they shrank too short.  I took organic chemistry (BEST class in college!!!!) The jeans were full of acid holes from the lab.  I don't remember when I got rid of those distressed jeans, but it was hard.  Still think fondly about them!  HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

I do not like the sweatshirt and the jeans look too deliberate.  I do like the socks with strappy heel shoe.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@ItsME  I hate organic chemistry as much as sneakers and saddle oxfords.  The reason I did not get into medical school.  Worst class I was ever forced to take.Man Sad

Respected Contributor

It wouldn't work for me. I don't like socks with sandals and I also don't like holes in my jeans. I think it is an individual choice but for me this is just not my style.

Honored Contributor

The striped patterned scarf from the bag, floral printed top under the sweatshirt, the sandals with socks as well as the anchor on the sweatshirt  just looks like fashion overkill.  I like the jeans and sandals though.