Esteemed Contributor

What do u wear to the gym or Y?

I'm in my late 50s and I wear Capri type leggings and a tee. I've started wearing a spandex undershirt and just added a Logo long tee. I kn ow....That's so many layers! Just curious what others wear....

Respected Contributor

Re: What do u wear to the gym or Y?

Nike; Sweaty Betty; Athleta; Zella

Respected Contributor

I work out at home, so no worries.

Honored Contributor

I was 64 when I first joined the gym ... still wear the same stuff.  Our gym is part of our apartment complex - so residents only.  

I wear t-shirts and stretch pants.

Shirts:   Whenever I travel, I buy sourvenir t-shirts.  Friends give me t-shirts from their travels and I have some college t-shirts of my own and from friends.  

Pants:  The stretch pants are my Women With Control pant that have seen better days and really are only approprate for wearing at home or to the gym.

I rarely see anyone dressed in "gym clothes" .... even the guys (all ages) wear baggy pants or shorts and cut-off t-shirts.    

Respected Contributor

Sweat shorts and baggy t shirt. Clearly style at the gym isn’t important to me 😀. 

Esteemed Contributor

Capri legging and a Nike short-sleeved tee.  Keeps the sweat from irritating.

Esteemed Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

Sweat shorts and baggy t shirt. Clearly style at the gym isn’t important to me 😀. 

Sista! 😉

Sweat shorts summer-capris in winter. I have switched from baggy T to Duluth Trading's No Yank Tank or Henley in winter. They keep me covered/warm.

Esteemed Contributor

Stretch pants and baggier tee - usually 3/4 Henley. Nothing ripped or stained. You see a variety of leisure wear at the gym. Sometimes I combine my errands, so I try to stay a bit presentable. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I wear my Target workout stretch pants and my LL Bean Double L shirt. That’s been my uniform for years. I have several of the pants and the shirts so that I don’t run out.

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian what is a double L shirt?