Trusted Contributor

Re: What do u wear to the gym or Y?

As I work out at home, anything from an evening gown to nothing. 

It just depends on my mood. ☺

Respected Contributor

Capri or long leggings (whichever I grab!), sports bra, and t-shirt.  I also hold my hair back with a sweatband.  

Theres no way I could run errands afterward....I sweat a lot!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a "recreation center" in my retirement area, and I only started going to the "gym" (they call it a fitness center) since we moved here about 10 years ago.  I started with regular pants/capris and T-shirts, but now I have special "gym clothes" -- T-shirts that are supposed to help with sweat, etc. -- mostly from COSTCO.  Really love the COSTCO ones.  But, I have a couple from discount stores like Ross and TJ Maxx.  On the bottom I mostly wear some Denim & Co. "yoga" pants that I purchased years ago.  More recently, I purchased a pair of special pants that are supposed to help with sweat, etc. from a discount store.  Those pants are tighter, so I make sure my T-shirt is long enough to cover the parts I want to cover.

Some of the ladies in my "gym" wear beautifully coordinated outfits -- special clothes and others wear shorts/capris/pants/sweatpants and T-shirts or sweatshirts.  Most of the guys dress in regular clothes.

I know it probably sounds silly, but I feel better about wearing my special "gym" clothes.  Since I have been working out and trying to build up my strength, I have been doing a lot more sweating.  And, I like the idea of changing out of the gym clothes into my regular clothes after my workouts (three times a week).

To each her own as they say.  I think anyone who goes to the gym deserves a lot of credit.

Super Contributor

I work out at home. I wear leggings and a tank top with a built in bra. A long time ago, I actually did some stretching exercises topless once or twice. I mean it was late at night and I was in the privacy of my own home plus I was tired.

Respected Contributor

Marika, Athleta or Nike capri or long workout leggings...sports bra, sleeveless workout tank. I take high impact classes and a tshirt would never work. Couldn’t move in it. In buti yoga, most of us take off the tank and workout in just the sports bra. It gets very very hot in the room and we don’t use fans.

Honored Contributor

Work out leggings - different lengths, different brands.

Sports bra and either a t shirt or a tank top.  

If I walk outside, it all depends on the weather.  

Respected Contributor

I work out In the gym in my building. Usually encounter no one but I always enjoy a cute workout outfit nonetheless, just to please myself. I like Old Navy athletic apparel. I usually wear Capri or full length leggings with a sports bra and either a tank or a t style shirt. Just got new Nike’s and they’re a cute look, as well as performing so great. I have a lot of workout gear so I enjoy wearing different stuff all the time. I have some running shorts but I feel a little naked in them honestly. They’re very short.

Respected Contributor

Shoes are Nike Metcon training shoes. Running shorts or capris on the bottom. Moisture wicking shirt of some sort, either a short sleeved tee or a tank. Depends on the weather. My usual brands are Nike or UnderArmour.  Training swimsuits are from Speedo. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Goldengate (magnificent bridge), a double L shirt is a substantial mesh knit cotton shirt. In winter I wear the long sleeve version which I now have to buy through LL bean’s business website. I think the short sleeve version is still available on their regular website. The fabric is indestructible.

Respected Contributor

Tank top, sports bra, and shorts in summer

Tank top, sports bra, and capri running tights in winter

It has to be wicking (no cotton) because I sweat!

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu