Honored Contributor

Re: What do think about the style of Prive Revaux Eyeware?

[ Edited ]

My personal opinion is this is one of the most overrated lines on QVC.  I'm not sure if people even know this line much outside of QVC.  

I have seen these on sale on cruise ships and a couple pair were okay looking but too large for my face.  Around the holidays I ordered a pair from the PR website and when I rec'd them, wasn't that thrilled.  In fact, I have yet to wear them.  Again they are too large and they just seem like cheap, lightweight plastic.

I thought maybe it was that style so a few weeks ago they had a 50% off sale on some styles on their website so I ordered another pair.  I received them last week.  First of all, they sent me the wrong sunglasses.  But what I did receive was horrendous.  The plastic was so cheap and so lightweight, I could hardly believe my eyes.  These things weren't worth the $14.95 price tag let alone the original $29.95 price.  And I did notice in checking out the website that the prices are certainly creeping up on a lot of the styles.  

Someone I know ordered The Coco when they were a TSV and they look and feel cheap.  And they didn't last.  If you read through the reviews on QVC, many complaints about lenses falling out, coatings peeling off the lenses and glasses falling apart.  

Had they had the style I ordered still in stock, I would have sent the ones I rec'd back and had them send me the right pair just to see if they were any better.  But the color I wanted were sold out so they refunded me my money.  

I have seen better sunglasses for less money at Walmart and Target. You can certainly buy the colored, mirrored aviator sunglasses everywhere that are polarized for less money.       

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Prive Revaux readers and like them.  I do not own their sunglasses.  I do own several pairs of "Fit Over" sunglasses by Jonathan Paul (sold on QVC) and I like those.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't own any but to me they appear to dupe expensive eyewear at affordable prices. That's good if you don't want to spend the money on any particular look. For instance, my Ray Bans cost four or five times the cost of the PRs in a similar look.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 ,  after looking over all their styles, I've decided they're not for me.

I think those with bolder features and a bone structure more dense than mine can wear them well. 

Rather than my face being visually balanced, they would overwhelm my finer nose and jaw and make them appear disporortionally weak.

@x Hedge   Fear not.  I wear authentic aviators and my face is small.  My head is small such that oftentimes the imaging people put me in the children's scanner for my head (not body, just head).  Yikes, not my body.  I do have a small face.  I try to wear my hair back to not hide my whole face.  Ha ha.  But I do love the big blue-blocker aviator glasses.  

Respected Contributor

Love them!  I have probably 20 pair.  I buy directly from their website mostly.  Nice quality and its fun to have choices and I won't be upset if something happens to a pair.  If I have a pricey pair of Sunglasses I will lose them.  If i have economical ones they are with me for life!  No clue but it is what it is.

Super Contributor

I loooovvve them.  I probably have about 5 pairs and a set of readers.  I also own expensive sunglasses like Ray Ban.  I just like the variety, with Prive Reveaux I can change my glasses with my mood. I am always on the look out for some new designs.  And the price is fantastic, especially for polarization.

Respected Contributor

I got the sunglasses that fit over my glasses and they work well for me.  Stylish too.  Glad I got them and have received a lot of compliments too.

My husband has the aviator sunglasses and looks great on him.

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Some of the styles look good on women with larger faces. They’re not meant for anyone with a small face, IMO.

I have a small face and just ordered a pair. Keeping fingers crossed.🤞

Contributor

There is a Prive Revaux website that has a much larger selection.  I bought one pair and they are stylish, many are dupes of high end sunglasses.  Unfortunately, the quality was lacking for me and I would rather spend the money and buy higher end sunglasses.  

They are a good idea in theory if you want to keep up with trends and don't want to spend a small fortune for each pair.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Bertha Ella Tortoise Sunglasses w/Polarized Lenses (A361196) fit my smaller face. I ordered them because the measurements are much smaller than many of the other sunglasses. 

Wasn't sure about the style and coloring but I think they look much better than the photo.

ETA: I wore them to my eye appointment and the doctor liked these sunglasses!  She commented on them right away.