Honored Contributor

Re: What did you buy?

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:
  1. @Shanus @Hugging puppies seem to be a great way to slow down online shopping.How to order when the most wonderful companion is on your lap in need of extra love and comfort ...sorry about the loss of your other sweet doggie.
  2. I was wondering how your mom is doing.My mom is having a lot of trouble right now and I spent two weeks caring for her until I got really sick with the flu and had to return to USA.My medical doesn’t cover Canada.

@dex Yes, puppies are comforting. Thanks for asking about Mom. We received a call from Hospice yesterday that they started her on morphine, so I guess it’s not long now. I saw her Wed. and we talked for awhile before she fell asleep. I prefer to remember her that way instead of going back and seeing her in his condition. It’s been a long road...all downhill. ***So sorry your Mom is having a rough time....and far away, too. Hope you’re feeling better.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I bought a pair of 24/7 sand color pants for $17 and change.  I wanted to see why they are so popular and the best way to find out is to pay less than $20.

@Katcat1   Quite an aggravating TSV for me. I’ve ordered them twice (different styles). I just can’t get them to fit. They either bag in the crotch area, tight in the butt if I size down. Frustrating. I also want to love them since everyone seems to find them better than sliced bread. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Nothing....

I am reviewing what I got rid of when I did a purge of my closets and mostly everything was from QVC. Some blouses and pants that fit terribly and I have decided to get my lazy self to brick and mortar stores again for my shopping.

It's a good incentive for me to get some much needed exercise too. I kind of miss walking in the malls anyway. I know I was far better dressed when I tried clothing on before I purchased instead of "settling."

@Trinity11   I so agree. My donation bags are full of QVC “misses” that I kept because too much bother and $ to return. I enjoy walking in the mall and seeing what’s on sale, trying things on and taking them home...no waiting for 10 days. So many stores have constant 30%-40% off, why shop at Q when they think a sale is easy pay?

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I just bought a bag of designer at Dillards.  

I hugged the pup during Fashion Day!

@ECBG   I shared that I bought 3 Karl Lagerfeld jackets and 3 Peter Nygard tanks at Dillard's last Friday.  What did you buy?  No fair not sharing.  Luvz u.

@Nonametoday Hello my Dear.Smiley Happy

Generally when you go to a clearence store, the clothes are the opposite season, esp. with Dillards who puts things on sale way after the season.

It's 22 degrees here and they're selling short and sleeveless tops with half a million bathing suits in tiny sizes of course!

It may take me a while to wear these items but a love is a love.  I never get a "good buy".  I never wear what I don't love!Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ Squirrel Lover  I thought I would share what works well for me on oil stains -  Lestoil!  It is very hard to find, anymore, but I get it at a local speciality hardware store.  It works wonders for getting out oil stains, and grass stains.  I apply liberally on the stain as it does not add any more suds to your laundry load.  It has even taken out oil stains that have been through the dryer.  It might be something to try before tossing out an item you would really like to keep.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I bought a pair of 24/7 sand color pants for $17 and change.  I wanted to see why they are so popular and the best way to find out is to pay less than $20.

@Katcat1 

If they're the button fly bootcut I purchased 2! They're fabulous!

I probably would have picked up the TSV if it wasn't a pull on!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo  No, they are pull on, straight leg, regular length.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG   Unfortunately, I only saw one clearance item that I liked it and it was an Ivanka Trump skirt.  They had all her stuff, regardless of season (we know why) on sale, and there was some darling stuff.  The skirt was my size, but her clothing runs very small.  I wish I were a size 0.  I could then wear the 4's in her brand.  Ha ha.

The KL blazer/jackets I got were not on sale but I know that Karl probably only had the spring season on the market, and no more.  However, if he has fall wear out there that has his name and it looks anything like his current offerings, I will buy if I can afford.  There was a beautiful coat bearing his name on sale but I have a great cashmere/wool coat that I have had for many years and rarely wear.  I never go any place that I will be outside for long.