Respected Contributor

Re: What designers would you like to see more of? Less of?

I'm pleased with seeing the same amount from designers... except LOGO.  I've never bought any LOGO and doubt I ever will.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I think there would be a major improvement in what is being offered on the Q if the buyers would leave the designers to do the designing! On occasion, and more often than not it's Louis, a vendor will drop a comment that lets you know it was out of their hands.

I would like to see expanded offerings from Kathleen Kirkwood. I always see her in some great trousers and if she brought in more than just tops I think I would like what she would design

Trusted Contributor

More of Louis Dell'Olio. 

Esteemed Contributor

Way way way less of Graver and logo.  And none of Rinna.  I like the look of Gravel's stuff but won t pay $60 and up for capris and little tops  worn a few months a year.  Denim &co. is more in line with my lifestyle. I was liking a pair of capris lately but read the reviews.  Alot of people mentioned long wait on receiving. I need them now not a month from now.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I miss Marc Bouwer and George Simonton.   I don't know who I'd like to see less of ,

there are several though that seem to be on constantly. 

I couldn't agree more! I miss George Simonton as well. To me, he was one of the best designers that QVC ever had. Good picks!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Denim & Co. has gotten stale with "new" the past couple of seasons consisting of old styles in one or two new colors.  I'd like to see more non-floral prints.

I'd like to see less of Cuddle Duds, Logo, and Peace, World, Love.  I'd like to see Lisa Rinna go far, far away.

I totally agree with you on all counts!

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

There's no doubt QVC has been the Susan Graver, Logo, Isaac, and D&C show.  Other designers are merely repetitions of the same styles and prints.  The quality isn't there either.  

At one time I liked Isaac, but not interested in his style lately.  I'm seeing athleisure and a pink trench coat.  Last week, a model had on pink shoes, pink top, mustardly yellow pants and a red vest.  I had to look twice.  He has begun targeting Millennials, so I won't give him the attention I did before.  

I liked some of Martha Stewart.  Classic, well made, and natural fabrics.  Love her cotton cable sweaters.  

I also like Louis Dell'Olio, except I think he should be given a higher budget so that he can begin offering natural fabrics again.  

Denim & Co needs an infusion of a new design team; although, I like the more classic pieces for casual wear.  

I think it was a wise move QVC began using Naadam, the cashmere sweater company.  Let's see if they bring in new colors this Fall or will QVC show them the door. 

I also thought it wise they began using a few outside designers like Bagatelle; although, chosen were more moto jackets.  This company makes leather jackets in all styles.  

As far as I'm concerned most others can go.  It's not my classic tastes that have changed over the years since I was young, QVC has changed and no longer carries clothing I like.  I wouldn't wear a pink trench coat in high school, in college, at 30, nor would I now. 

It's not that there's anything wrong with the pink color.  However, it is a favorite of a higher percentage of Millennials, and as I see it is appearing more frequently on QVC recently.  It's a sign along with many others, QVC's attention is to serving Millennials and Mike George "Youth is where it's at" abandoning his older current customer base.

I got the hint and am mostly shopping for clothing from other retailers. 

Well said! Thank you! And yes, Denim & Co. is definitely in need of a new design team. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

What a great question!

I'd like to see more Isaac, Quacker Factory, Belle by Kim Gravel, Women With Control and Du Jour.

I can do without: Peace/Love/World, GILI, Joan Rivers, and (definitely) Lisa Rinna.

Thank you!

Contributor

I was watching Shop HQ today and went to the site and they have some awesome vendors! Something needs to be done, cause it's starting to be repetitive of the same thing!Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

The most sumptuous fashions I've bought in recent years are Martha Stewart's. I am very upset that there won't be more.