Honored Contributor

Re: What current trends can you just not embrace?

Shark bite hems, big floral prints (also, densely packed little florals all over the place); polka dots, half-tuck (I don't wear anything tucked), most peplum tops or jackets, pedal pushers or capris (warm weather pants for me are either slim-fitting Bermuda-length shorts, crop or ankle pants), jogger pants (those pants with the band at the ankle), or anything camo.

When I started to reply to this thread, I only had a couple of things in mind to write.  Then my list grew as I wrote. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me it's leggings and the cold shoulder thing, I just think it looks cheesy and cheap. Also shoe boots with short dresses and skirts, it cuts yours legs off and makes all legs look heavy - an awful look !!

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

For me leggings, except around the house.  I just don't like the way I look in them.  There's the long top short jacket look that has been around for years.  I always feel like I forgot to tuck something in.  Then there's long sharkbite, I can do the short ones, but have donated a couple I'm self-conscious in.  I feel like I'm three feet tall with very short legs. The final one would be mixing outrageous combinations of colors and prints, obviously I don't own any Logo. 

Crop leggings, too-too short jackets (like above the waist), and leggings are OK but don't like it with just a tunic or sweater; with a dress or skirt is OK.  Strongly dislike heels with leggings and shoes with those huge block heels.

Esteemed Contributor

Cold shoulder, shark bite/uneven hems, lace on everything, gladiator sandals.

Valued Contributor

Leggings with any combination of anything, but most particularly, not with pumps. In fact, any tight pant with a pump. I have only seen someone who looked ok in a legging once in my life....and she was actually coming from the gym.
Gladiator shoes in any shape or form
Ballet flats (let's just be done with these)

Crop jackets

Hi lo or trapeze hem anything

Crochet overlayed things

Metallic fabrics

Dresses that drag on the ground

Respected Contributor

• Half tuck. It's sloppy on slender women, on a very big woman like me it would look even worse, and I'm one that doesn't abide by the so-called "fashion rules" for plus-size ladies.

• The summer dresses with clunky shoe boots. My feet feel hot just looking at them!

•  Distressed jeans

• Chokers. Already went through that phase when they were trendy in the 90's.

Honored Contributor

I don't know what all the current trends are ... but I won't wear leggings or cold shoulder tops, or shoes / sandals with open backs

Respected Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:
  • Half tuck. It's sloppy on slender women, on a very big woman like me it would look even worse, and I'm one that doesn't abide by the so-called "fashion rules" for plus-size ladies.

• The summer dresses with clunky shoe boots. My feet feel hot just looking at them!

•  Distressed jeans

@Cumbercookie13

I'm laughing because you have just described several items in my closet as well as the manner in which I wear them!  I never thought of any it as controversial.  Glad we all have a different style.  Take care! Heart

Respected Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

•  Distressed jeans

@Cumbercookie13

I'm laughing because you have just described several items in my closet as well as the manner in which I wear them!  I never thought of any it as controversial.  Glad we all have a different style.  Take care! Heart

I don't think it's controversial, but if that's what you like, no problem! Smiley Very Happy 

Frequent Contributor

The cold shlulder look .i see it every where .i hate to see myslef comming and going..legging .I do like the floral wear.