Respected Contributor

Re: What current trend CAN you embrace?

@Andreatoo

i love the first one!

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne

It comes in lavendar too! I'm seriously considering it!

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

Lace, embroidery...and chiffon type blouses

I have picked up some of these items, too.

I like the ripped jeans trend, but I did that in the 80s and feel it's not cool to follow the same trends in my teens and in my 40s. A lot of the trends, like shark bite hems, long layers, maxi dresses, and wide leg pants just don't work for my body type.

I like them, I just can't wear them without because they wear me. I enjoy seeing them on others.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo

i think it's a great choice both colors!  i may take a look at it myself.

Valued Contributor

I love off the shoulder tops.  They really let you showcase beautiful necklaces, especially choker style. I also like cold shoulder tops, distressed jeans, painted and embroidered jeans, frayed hem jeans, ponchos, embellished jean jackets, skinny jeans (I'm starting to see I have a jean obsession ).  I also like tops or jackets with attached capes in the back. 

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne

I like the second one alot too but was discouraged by the spaghetti straps on the included tank. Read the reviews, all 5 stars, and one purchaser said she snipped the thread and plays with different colors of tanks underneath!

hmmmm

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

I must be the only poster here who loves the sharkbite hems and hi-lo tops and dresses! Woman LOL

I'm also digging the lace and the lace-up accents. 

And because I'm long-waisted and tall, I prefer the longer tunic lengths. If it's 26 inches and under, it doesn't go in my closet. If I were shorter, I'm sure it would get on my nerves!

Maxi dresses/skirts - much more flattering and comfortable for me since I'm tall with very large thighs, although I do have a couple of dresses  and skirts that hit me to the knee or slightly below.

I love hi-lo hems, tops and dresses and I like some of the cold shoulder tops and dresses.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@Andreatoo

I like the embroidered denim looks, like the jacket and jeans I've posted several times.  I especially like the florals.  

I have pinned these, but I don't own them.

BLANKNYC Embroidered Denim Jacket in Wild Child:

Main Image - Hudson Jeans Nico Released Hem Ankle Skinny Jeans:

Main Image - Citizens of Humanity 'Emerson' Embroidered Slim Boyfriend Jeans (Madera Blossom):

I just LOVE these!  They remind me so much of a pair of embroidered jeans I had back in the day.  I wore those to death.  I particularly love the jacket in this pic.

I love the jacket and the jeans.  We use to decorate our jeans in the 70's and of course they had to be Levi 501's I grew up in Southern California.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like fringe/tassel-style earrings--baublebar and j crew have them--Ann Taylor also had a cute pair.

I also love a bit of the jean embellishment.  I bought a super cute pair of flared-bottom embellished jeans from INC Macys that had butterflies on them!  One or two pairs, and I'm good. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo

andrea,  i like it too, but i don't do the overly, overly frilly stuff.  i like it on others, but i guess i would have to see it on before i made a decision.  snipping the straps is not a deal maker for me.  if i like something i will do whatever!  let me know what you decide!