Honored Contributor

Re: What current trend CAN you embrace?

@lolakimono wrote:

@Andreatoo

I like the embroidered denim looks, like the jacket and jeans I've posted several times.  I especially like the florals.  

I have pinned these, but I don't own them.

BLANKNYC Embroidered Denim Jacket in Wild Child:

Main Image - Hudson Jeans Nico Released Hem Ankle Skinny Jeans:

Main Image - Citizens of Humanity 'Emerson' Embroidered Slim Boyfriend Jeans (Madera Blossom):

I just LOVE these!  They remind me so much of a pair of embroidered jeans I had back in the day.  I wore those to death.  I particularly love the jacket in this pic.

Honored Contributor

I really like the wide pants in floaty fabrics.  I bought a colorful pair last year on a whim and I love them with a little tank and platform wedges.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  Hey, can you  name the drugstore brand of tightline mascara you are using?  I really like the IT, but definitely don't like the price!

@2blonde of course.  It's Maybelline Lash Discovery Minibrush Mascara.  I love it. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  Hey, can you  name the drugstore brand of tightline mascara you are using?  I really like the IT, but definitely don't like the price!

@2blonde of course.  It's Maybelline Lash Discovery Minibrush Mascara.  I love it. 

I'm going to try this.

I recently went back to Maybelline Great Lash after spending I don't even want to think about how much $$ on "high-end" masacaras.  Great Lash beats them all.

BUT I will try the Lash Discovery!

Honored Contributor

I also love colorful skinny jeans.  They are just a go-to with a half tuck t-shirt for me.

Respected Contributor

I LOVE lace tops, and am currently picking up quite a few.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

It's more a matter of trends coming around again more than me embracing a trend.

I have a collection of embroidered denim that I've had for years.  Actually a lot of embroidered clothing! 

I have been wearing "handkerchief hem" (aka sharkbite) for a long time ... and have some skirts that I bought in the 90s.  It was back in the 70s when I made my first sharkbite top from a Butterick pattern.

I'm seeing a lot of wide leg pants ... I've worn them for years.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I'm giving a wide berth to the definition of trend (some have been around for a very long time).  I like:

All kinds of jeans -- distressed, frayed, wide leg (tencel material), flared (although not bell bottoms); embroidered (just a little, not too much), ankle cropped and cuffed.

Cold shoulder tops that have the right amount and placement of opening.

Yes! to printed bottoms -- full and wide legs.

Yes! to colored bottoms -- deep yellow, orange, light blue, burgundy, red, etc.

Artistic or just different-looking shoes.  Shoes, more than anything else, are my weakness.

Tightline mascara -- not pricey iT Cosmetics, but the very inexpensive drugstore variety that I've been using for the past year.  I get a fantastic eyeliner look from the micro mascara brush it has. 

Ankle pants all year long!

Perforated suede sandals and perforated suede open toe booties.

Lace in unexpected styles (I have a lace moto jacket).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes to almost all of your choices.

I am also a fan of sharkbite hems and not too dramatic hi/lo tops.  I have extremely slender hips and no butt, but wide shoulders and a short torso with long legs. Some interest in the hip area fills me out  and makes me more proportional. Longer tops are more flattering because my torso is short.  Again, more balanced proportions.

This is a great thread.  Nice, positive thoughts.  

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I really like the wide pants in floaty fabrics.  I bought a colorful pair last year on a whim and I love them with a little tank and platform wedges.

@QueenDanceALot

I agree 100% but I broke my own rule last week when I wore this

criss cross back.jpg

with these!

ow palazzos.jpg

but it actually looked really good!

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Andreatoo

I like the embroidered denim looks, like the jacket and jeans I've posted several times.  I especially like the florals.  

I have pinned these, but I don't own them.

BLANKNYC Embroidered Denim Jacket in Wild Child:

@lolakimono...

So do I ... I'm going gaga over these types of jackets.  Just received Diane Gilman's embroidered Butterfly jean jacket ... got both the dark and light.   (Used to be able to copy and paste photos but mine are no longer working).  

Also catching up on some florals for summer vacation.