Honored Contributor

What current trend CAN you embrace?

I'm done to death with the negative! Let's post some positive! Show me/tell me what you like?  What makes  you feel pretty?

I'm digging the colorful/printed bottoms! I just don't own a lot of prints but for this trend I'm having a blast! Fun patterns! pink jeans?! yellow ankle pants?!

What's your new fave?

Valued Contributor

Re: What current trend CAN you embrace?

I like the makeup highlighting if done with a light hand.

Respected Contributor

I must be the only poster here who loves the sharkbite hems and hi-lo tops and dresses! Woman LOL

I'm also digging the lace and the lace-up accents. 

And because I'm long-waisted and tall, I prefer the longer tunic lengths. If it's 26 inches and under, it doesn't go in my closet. If I were shorter, I'm sure it would get on my nerves!

Maxi dresses/skirts - much more flattering and comfortable for me since I'm tall with very large thighs, although I do have a couple of dresses  and skirts that hit me to the knee or slightly below.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo

I like the embroidered denim looks, like the jacket and jeans I've posted several times.  I especially like the florals.  

I have pinned these, but I don't own them.

BLANKNYC Embroidered Denim Jacket in Wild Child:

Main Image - Hudson Jeans Nico Released Hem Ankle Skinny Jeans:

Main Image - Citizens of Humanity 'Emerson' Embroidered Slim Boyfriend Jeans (Madera Blossom):

Honored Contributor

I'm giving a wide berth to the definition of trend (some have been around for a very long time).  I like:

All kinds of jeans -- distressed, frayed, wide leg (tencel material), flared (although not bell bottoms); embroidered (just a little, not too much), ankle cropped and cuffed.

Cold shoulder tops that have the right amount and placement of opening.

Yes! to printed bottoms -- full and wide legs.

Yes! to colored bottoms -- deep yellow, orange, light blue, burgundy, red, etc.

Artistic or just different-looking shoes.  Shoes, more than anything else, are my weakness.

Tightline mascara -- not pricey iT Cosmetics, but the very inexpensive drugstore variety that I've been using for the past year.  I get a fantastic eyeliner look from the micro mascara brush it has. 

Ankle pants all year long!

Perforated suede sandals and perforated suede open toe booties.

Lace in unexpected styles (I have a lace moto jacket).

Super Contributor

I like those shirts that come to a point in the front middle - very slimming for the hips. 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  Hey, can you  name the drugstore brand of tightline mascara you are using?  I really like the IT, but definitely don't like the price!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

"Dressier" gym shoes.  I am seeing more and more gym shoes that are quilted, blinged up, have more of a platform on them, and decorated in one way or another.  I don't want more than a pair and I won't spend a lot because I won't get that much wear out of them but I did buy a cheap pair. 

Honored Contributor

@CaneCorsoMom

I find the uneven hemlines can be very flattering to those of us with hips! And it doesn't have the effect of shortening your legs like the long even hem can...

I recently purchased this top...very cute on!

off set color block.jpg

the 'point' is offset but the same result...

Valued Contributor

I really like the artsy painting and embroidery as well as all the laces.