Honored Contributor

Re: What colors go with brown?

I like beiges & off whites w/ brown and then I add a tiny bit of animal print to pop it...either a ballet flat or scarf.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love powder pinks and peaches/apricot with dark brown.  Also, light turquoise, some light powder blues.  Then, again, tints of vanilla, oatmeal, wheat, etc.  I like the idea of a small scarf tied slightly to one side.   Anyone remember Gabriella wearing that medium-dark orange top layered over a crisp white shirt, with the cutest small-ish print scarf tied slightly to the side?  Very, very nice.  .........p.s.  Her orange top would look great worn with brown pants.  Many shades of orange, including spice orange, brick orange, etc., etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

burnt orange

pink

red

green -- light and dark green

ivory/cream

khaki

navy blue

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Occasional Contributor

I like to couple my brown pieces with a light, sort of sky/turquoise/robins egg blue - stunning!  Also, light, baby-girl pink is delicious with brown!

Honored Contributor

Everything. Think of a tree or a bush; they have a brown base and every color known is attached to it.....and always gorgeous.

Brown can be a softer version of black as your base in your wardrobe. I love brown and black with cream or red thrown in.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a big fan of brown, but do have a couple of pair of pants and jeans.  With the jeans - I usually wear a beige/brown tweed top, tan heather top ... basicially monochromatic.

For the dressier brown pants - most of my tops are prints with some brown in them with a light background.  Occasionally, I'll wear a black top with a printed scarf to "unite" the black and brown.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

In addition to the colors mentioned, I think lavendar looks nice with brown. 

Valued Contributor

@Goldengate8361

Coral, pink, beige, aqua, teal.........................