Esteemed Contributor

For many years, I've avoided brown clothes---but I'm ready to go wild and try some brown. (LOL) I bought some brown ankle boots and I've ordered some brown jeggings. What color of tops and sweaters should I wear with brown? I do have a coral sweater and top that I think would look good, but I'm looking for more suggestions. What goes with brown?

Honored Contributor

Re: What colors go with brown?

Your coral should look great. I also think almost all jewel toned colors look good with brown. Purples, emerald green, garnet reds, etc.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

So many possibilities....brown is quite neutral....you can wear it with red, natural, the right shade of gold, corals but I love black with brown and especially love turquoise with brown .....

Honored Contributor

Brown is a neutral and goes with about anything.   I have a lot of turquoise clothing I like to wear with brown.   Golden hues go well as does black and orangey red.   You can wear just about any color with brown. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361

all shades of orange , even peach

black

cream/ivory

dark green

pink

teal

rust

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I love brown and black together, it can be so chic !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 @Spurt @Kachina624 @Stray @Snicks1

Thank you for all of the suggestions! It's funny; I haven't worn brown in many years and I forgot about all of these color combinations. I had never thought of brown as a neutral, but I think you are all right. 😸

Honored Contributor

I love blue with brown.

And like others have mentioned, anything will go with brown

I also like a deep oilve green

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

For many years, I've avoided brown clothes---but I'm ready to go wild and try some brown. (LOL) I bought some brown ankle boots and I've ordered some brown jeggings. What color of tops and sweaters should I wear with brown? I do have a coral sweater and top that I think would look good, but I'm looking for more suggestions. What goes with brown?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't have any imagination (when mixing colors).  For instance I like it when everything (even jewelry color) matches but they would just be different shades of say blue or brown and beige, etc.

But I keep hearing Isaac say that brown and black look good together.  It's not like I'd know but he would.

Honored Contributor

I look better in cool colors, but I like brown, which is a warm color.  In order to wear brown pants, I wear it with a light blue or bright pink top.

Have you always avoided wearing brown because you look better in cool colors too? If so, choose cool colors for your tops instead of warm colors.