Respected Contributor

What color/style shoe to wear with...

... maroon pants? I have a pair of straight ankle pants that are a shade of brownish wine (maroon) but I'm having a hard time deciding what color and style of footwear would look good with them. This is for the office so that, combined with the fact that I can't wear a heel higher than 2.5" anymore has to factor into my choice. Any ideas from my wonderful fashionistas out there? TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: What color/style shoe to wear with...

Probably a pointy-toe pump with your choice of heel or flats in a neutral tan/taupe or any shade of gray.

Honored Contributor

726-739 in the natural shade over on evine.
It's the first thing that popped into my head when you described the color of the pants. Don't be afraid of the heel. they are very comfortable and I have bad feet
Super Contributor

Alot of colors will go with maroon pants.  You can choose from black, grey, navy, even tan.

Regular Contributor

I vote along w/ @SilleeMee; a taupe shoe sounds wonderful!   Or, you could go with something pulling a shade from the blouse you plan to wear and match w/ that.  Especially if it was a longer tunic style top.  Since you said that they're ankle pants I'd personally stay away from anything tooooo pale---but only because my feet are railroad cars!

Honored Contributor

black, grey or nude . Depends on what you are wearing on top.

Respected Contributor

Do you all think a pump is best, as opposed to a bootie or anything else?

Respected Contributor

I pretty much go from sandals to boots so as soon as I begin wearing long pants, I'm in boots. I like that the line isn't broken from waist to toe as in wearing pumps. I also don't wear stilettos any longer and I don't think pumps look particularly good with chunky heels. With boots, the heels can be chunky.

I have deep maroon moleskin straight leg pants and wear them with my White Mountain brown or black suede ankle boots.

Respected Contributor

I would wear a maroon ballet flat or ballet flat with maroon print.

Respected Contributor

Black, grey, beige, taupe.  No brown.  Since you don't wear a heel over 2.5 inches (neither do I) consider a pointy toe kitten heel (check out Trotters Kelsey, Petra, Piper or Paulina styles on Zappos) or a pointy toe flat.  If you could find a maroon shoe to match the pants, that might work as well.