Honored Contributor

Re: What color do you prefer most against your face (blouse, shirt, jewelry, etc)

White brightens up my whole being.  Love it.   I actually look good in black too.  However, I do wear colors.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What color do you prefer most against your face (blouse, shirt, jewelry, etc)

Using the seasonal labels I am considered to be an autumn, but my skin color seems to be quite adaptable to other seasons.  The spring pastels and winter jewels look great on me.  With the exception of white, the summer colors may be my worse tones.  In answer to the question as to what color I prefer, it would be hunter green, but time and again it's Christmas red which gets the most complimentary reaction.  

Respected Contributor

Teal, green or blue. I have teal eyes and get the most compliments when I wear that color. 

Esteemed Contributor

French blue or periwinkle.

Esteemed Contributor

Blue, the lighter shades.  Torquoise especially.  Lavenders, aquas, some light pinks.  Minty green.

These colors also make me feel good and put a little spring in my step.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

Medium skin tones with salt and pepper pixie hair. Periwinkle is my favorite color to wear, but also black or navy up by my face. Hot pink or turquoise also. I love pastels but they wash me out.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

The colors that suit my coloring are difficult (sometimes) to find: faded lavender/cocoa.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday  First,thank you for posting that poem...my mother used to say October's bright blue weather now I know why.

I think I look best in white,not cream or eggshell but true white.  Also navy blue. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoJoV wrote:

@Nonametoday  First,thank you for posting that poem...my mother used to say October's bright blue weather now I know why.

I think I look best in white,not cream or eggshell but true white.  Also navy blue. 

@MoJoV   My colors are white (true white, not off white) and bright blue and navy for very dress-up wear.  Bless you for remembering that from your mom.  That's a sweet memory.

Esteemed Contributor

Next to my face, I feel like I look best w/ white or some shades of ivory. I have a fairly neutral skin tone and can wear just about any color, as long as I have the white next to my face. I get the most compliments when I wear aqua, periwinkle or pink. It could be people just notice when I wear a color different than black, white or gray. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."