Honored Contributor

Re: What clothing brand most closely exemplifies your style in all types of stores/sites

'I'm a little bit Preppy, A little bit 'BoHo'.   What a combination.  Well, not worn together, lol.  (Rolling eyes, laughing)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Re: What clothing brand most closely exemplifies your style in all types of stores/sites

I met Ralph Lauren many years ago when he was introducing his clothing line to Bloomingdale's. It was the early 70's and I really found him to be friendly and warm. His clothing fits me perfectly and I have worn his styles for years.

I also buy from QVC.....Linea and some Denim and Co. I like basics and don't like a lot of fluff in my wardrobe. Not a real fan of prints and wear them infrequently.

Theory clothing fits me well but I usually buy off season. Macy's I usually purchase NYDJ's in both denim and leggings in knit fabrics.

I love clothes......always have. They make me happy....Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some INC

Some Free People

Some Logo

Some Lauren

LLLemon for casual

a few Lisa Rinna pieces (earlier ones)

Some Isaac Mizrahi

Some Anthropologie--esp. fall/winter offerings

ETA:  shoes--Vince Camuto boots and shoes /Frye boots/Kelsi Dagger boots/some NIne West (dress pumps)/Sorel boots/ Hunter boots for rain 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Ann Taylor, AT Loft, Talbots, Cole Haan shoes.

Honored Contributor

I hate to shop but usually hit the Nordstrom's and Neiman's sales but not for a particular brand.  Enjoy Ralph Lauren.  Lately I have been buying a few items from Talbots.  I always also like Jones New York but guess they are gone now. 

On the Q I used to purchase alot of Linea but don't like where the design and quality has gone - I just get a select few pieces.  Everything is looking the same.   I have picked up few items from Isaac lately that I really like (liked solid colored knit jackets and wonderful quality cotton t-shirts). 

Respected Contributor

Jones NY, Calvin Klein, Talbot's.   For jeans, I like NYDJ.  On QVC, depending on the item, I will buy some casual clothing from D&C, very rarely Susan Graver.  I buy some casual clothing from Lands End and LL Bean.  I also like the Sahalie catalog.

I am a white button down or white t shirt and jeans girl in summer, and a black turtleneck, jeans, riding boot girl in winter.  My jeans are dark indigo boot cut or skinny.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

Eileen Fisher.

images.jpeg

images-1.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

I can't afford "designer clothes", but find my clothes at Talbots, Nordies, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Eddie Bauer, J Jill, and just recently bought something from Soft Surroundings that I really like, and for jeans, I like the Gap.  I'm really all over the place when it comes to clothes.  No specific designer.  I also buy IM here at Q, and have liked some Gili items, also D&C clothes too.  So no preference really.

Respected Contributor

As a teacher, I'm in the same limited-expense boat as @Himi lover.

However, as luck would have it, I live near one of the few national "Company Stores" of Eileen Fisher, in which first-line items are vastly reduced off season. Heaven! [Often $300 jackets for less than $100. Cashmere sweaters for 75% off. Wears beautiful, lasts forever, flattering fit.] 

Respected Contributor

No brand as such. No secret that I love my leather. My closet is quite an eclectic mix of brands, whatever styles I like and can afford.