Honored Contributor

Re: What clothing brand most closely exemplifies your style in all types of stores/sites

I tend to gravitate towards Soft Surroundings, Chicos, Isaac Mizrahi and assessories from Anthropologie and Artful Home (Artful Home has a jewelry collection that I find utterly amazing), and others.  I think I've purchased at least one item of clothing from every major designer on QVC (Isaac, Liz, Logo, Susan, D&C, Simonton, GILI, Joan and Renee -- haven't purchased Bob Mackie or QF).

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What clothing brand most closely exemplifies your style in all types of stores/sites

Just walk into CUSP, Scoop, Anthropologie, BCBG and that will be a good idea of my most favored type of style.  I do adjust my style for where I'm going to be.  I'm retired now, and although I was always a tad more colorful and adventurous with my wardrobe than most, I would not wear something like a cotton voile Free People sundress with ankle wrap strappy sandals to my professional workplace.  

Honored Contributor

Most of my clothing is Ralph Lauren.  The OP could have been written by me.

Respected Contributor

I must say that the Soft Surroundings catalog makes me drool. Such lovely clothing but pricey. I wait and look for the items on ebay. So far so good. Found all the items I lusted after for about half price.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

I love Theory and Vince, James Perse tops, too.  I scour Rack and Marshall's for them when I'm in those stores.  Can't afford many pcs at full price.  

Those are two of my favorites ... especially for sweaters, ponchos and capes.     I also wait for sales.

Honored Contributor

Isaac, Linea, Susan Graver, Talbots, some Liz Claiborne as well.I also love Soft Surroundings.....

Valued Contributor

I like clean, architectural lines in my style. In bridge lines, I'd say Lafayette 148. Designers would be Max Mara and Fabiana Filippi. However, I've noticed that lately there seems to be this rad, edgey side coming out that is really liking the fashion style -and especially the accessories - by rag & bone.

Here at the Q, I shop 99% Linea by Louis Dell'Olio. I have picked up a couple pieces from Simonton and a few of IM's cardigans, but LDO is my go to for the core of my wardrobe. Then I mix in select "special" pieces from my fave designers. Actually, I can only budget in one piece at a time from the designers that suit my style. It seems one has to pay more to have "less" put on a garment. 

Esteemed Contributor

For most clothes, it's Talbot's. For jeans and jackets it's Chico's. For knit tops, it's Lands' End. For workout clothes, it's Target. I used to buy much more Linea but after QVC changed the quality of the line I don't buy as much, sad to say.

Respected Contributor

My favorite clothing brand overall is Armani Collezioni.  My favorite QVC fashion brands are Linea by Louis Dell Olio, GILI, Mark Zunino and a new favorite Seth Aaron.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The former Liz Claiborne, the former Jones of New York, the former Anne Klein, the former Ralph Lauren.