Honored Contributor

What clothing brand most closely exemplifies your style in all types of stores/sites

Which designer creates the styles that always draws you in and speaks in the beautiful details, patterns, and colors?  You love theirs the most and wished they would design what you need?  You love most of their items?

For me, it's the iconic Ralph Lauren.  Although I am an hour glass, I can usually make the tops I love work.

Love his quality and details.  I can never get away from him!

What do you love?

Honored Contributor

Re: What clothing brand most closely exemplifies your style in all types of stores/sites

I loved the original Liz Claiborne.  The replacement is a far cry.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What clothing brand most closely exemplifies your style in all types of stores/sites

[ Edited ]

Talbots, Susan Graver, and Linea

Respected Contributor

Oooooo this is a really fun question.  I don't have any particular designer but if there is a theme it is mixing up styles:  a long feminine skirt with moto boots, a simple ponte knit dress with a leather jacket. Around the house in yoga pants and a sweatshirt with zippers or mixed textures.  The only bottom line is that it reads as understated and not loud.  I like the mixed style to do the talking -- if that makes any sense.

Respected Contributor

Ralph Lauren and Louis Dell'Olio, have loved fashions from both these designers for decades.  

Frequent Contributor

LLBean - However,  I do find them to be rather pricey, so I don't buy as much as I would otherwise.

Respected Contributor

Free People

Johnny Was

Honored Contributor

Leon Max, Anne Klein

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Like Kachina, for me it was the original Liz Claiborne. 

I was also a huge fan of the original Coldwater Creek - the early years, not the later ones. I was lucky enough to get a beautiful hand-embroidered denim jacket from the flagship store in Idaho. It was pricey, but worth it! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

work:  Talbots, Tahari, Calvin Klein

casual: Max Studio, Orvis, LL Bean, Lands End

I own several Ralph Lauren pieces, but I'm reluctant to say that style exemplifies me because there are lots of pieces in that line (busy prints) that just aren't my style.