Honored Contributor

Re: What are your thoughts on this new trend?

I love the dresses and looks that Kate wears in these pictures!  Gorgeous and classy!  

I love lace also.  But not when it is featured in these dresses, gowns, skirts, etc. where the lining stops and then it's just lace showing for the majority of the garment.  It just detracts from the classiness and elegance of the lace.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Some are better than others.  I especially like the shorter lengths with a touch of peep rather than the long.

Trusted Contributor

I love it if done correctly - many of the pictures you have shown us are great.  I wouldn't, however, consider it a new trend!  Its been around for 2 years now.

Esteemed Contributor

Even if I were younger this trend wouldn't appeal to me. I've seen it on all the models and actresses and it's not appealing at all  IMO.  I believe this is an updated version from the 1930's.

Honored Contributor

The pictures of Kate Middleton with the lace dresses look the best IMO because the lace dress torso parts have complete linings below them. I even liked the lace skirt with the solid blouse (woman holding the clutch in hand photo) for that same reason.

The ones that just had lace and no lining (below the waistline) reminded me more of something to be worn in the bedroom and not at an event.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

i don't care for it at all.  it looks more like lingerie to me.

Esteemed Contributor

These are beautiful dresses in my opinion.  

*Call Tyrone*