Respected Contributor

Re: What are your thoughts on this new trend?

No thanks. One of the reasons why I love leather. Never have to worry about the sun shining through or whatever.

Honored Contributor

I never thought of them as linings but I've seen that look....everywhere lately but not any real life people.  I don't like the look, it just seems silly to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the look.  I try to keep an open mind with trends, but this look reminds me of someone who has their slip caught in the panties.  I think they would all be lovely dresses if the entire dress was lined.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

95% of the time I am not a fan.

Last year, I did buy a maxi dress from Kohls that is very similar to the mint green one posted here except mine was black, it had a cap sleeve and my lining came just below my knee and was black to match my dress.  Other than that the dresses are identical. ROFLOL

I really, really dislike super dressy, formal dresses like that.  

Colleen Lopez had her My Favorite Things clothing featured last night on The List and she had a couple of pieces that were sheer with a lining underneath that was shorter and I know she did a maxi in the past like that.  Wasn't a fan.   

Honored Contributor

This is funny; an associate just walked by my desk and the peach version was on the monitor. 'Oh I like that!'

She's been trying to convince me for last 10 minutes why it''s sexy...

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

As with any style, some I like, others, not so much. 

In in this posting, I like the aqua and the cream is very pretty, for a more formal look. The black, I don't care for. Something about it, to me, looks not real well made(it's probably the highest end of the bunch😈)

The style isn't one that everybody could rock. I don't see anything trashy about it. Are legs trashy?

Regular Contributor

This style has been around for a few years.  I have a dress similiar to the black one and I have had it three years this summer.  I think it is around to stay.

Honored Contributor

I just think it looks silly! My 22 yr old granddaughter doesn't care for it either.

Respected Contributor

I don't think they're "trashy", just different.  I've seen better examples than the ones posted here.  That beige one is beautiful though.  I don't like the full length though of the dress, I think they look better when they're shorter.

Honored Contributor

if anyone can find better more attractive, or even casual, examples please do so!

I've tried multiple ways of describing the look but have had very little success finding examples. I've seen more casual garments than the ones posted but I cant find the pictures!