Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What are your thoughts on Susan Graver's 6 or 8 gore skirts?

I am looking for a nice black skirt with a little flare, and it needs to be very comfortable of course. I was looking at her 6 and 8 gore skirts, but wanted to get opinions first.....I am trying to replenish my wardrobe with skirts and dresses, so any comments are welcome. Thanks!!!

61 YRS OLD, MED GOLDEN BROWN HAIR, MED TAN SKINTONE.......
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: What are your thoughts on Susan Graver's 6 or 8 gore skirts?

@CANDLEQUEEN

What are '6 and 8' ?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN

What are '6 and 8' ?

6 Gore, and 8 Gore skirts!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN, I only have a couple of her 6 gore so I can't help with the 8 gore skirts.

I do really like the 6 gore skirts I have.  I'm a pear shape so things that are penciled or straight down on me aren't always my best friend plus often they are too big in the waist once I get them to fit my hips.  These flaired/flouncy skirts work well for me. 

There was only 1 I didn't care for and that was because it was more fitted in the stomach/upper hip area then flaired out.  It didn't work well for my shape.  I need it to flaire immediately after the waist. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@LipstickDiva wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN, I only have a couple of her 6 gore so I can't help with the 8 gore skirts.

I do really like the 6 gore skirts I have.  I'm a pear shape so things that are penciled or straight down on me aren't always my best friend plus often they are too big in the waist once I get them to fit my hips.  These flaired/flouncy skirts work well for me. 

There was only 1 I didn't care for and that was because it was more fitted in the stomach/upper hip area then flaired out.  It didn't work well for my shape.  I need it to flaire immediately after the waist. 

Thank-you! I carry my extra weight in my middle, so I find that those types of skirts work well for me too, I think I will give them a try-start with 1..Thanks again!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@LipstickDiva wrote:

Thank-you! I carry my extra weight in my middle, so I find that those types of skirts work well for me too, I think I will give them a try-start with 1..Thanks again!

FYI, A281161 was the skirt that did NOT work for me.  Maybe you would like it but for me it was a no go.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I also really like the 6 gore skirts (have not worn the 8).  I preferred the ones made of premium liquid knit, which are a thicker fabric, over the regular liquid knit.  The premium liquid knit skirts were also a tad longer.  I don't like my knees showing.  Like an earlier poster, I have more of a pear shape, and pencil-type skirts just don't fit me.  These fit, but don't look excessively "full" either.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Aha! learn something new every day!

The only 'gore' I knew happened when you ran with bulls! ( or what you see in A Nightmare on Elm Street)

Woman LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   I like gored skirts to a degree.  I think short ones just at or just above the knees are fun and flirty, move nicely.

Long ones are good fall/winter with boots, but not too long - I'd say a little better than ankle length.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like that style ... but not sure of the fabric she's using.  I have a couple of gored skirts from other sources and the style itself is very attractive and comfortable to wear.  

Again ... I don't know how substantial SG's fabric is for the skirt.  Her liquid knit tends to be a bit too flimsy for me.