Honored Contributor

What are your thoughts on Susan Graver's 6 or 8 gore skirts?

I am looking for a nice black skirt with a little flare, and it needs to be very comfortable of course. I was looking at her 6 and 8 gore skirts, but wanted to get opinions first.....I am trying to replenish my wardrobe with skirts and dresses, so any comments are welcome. Thanks!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: What are your thoughts on Susan Graver's 6 or 8 gore skirts?

@CANDLEQUEEN

What are '6 and 8' ?

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN

What are '6 and 8' ?

6 Gore, and 8 Gore skirts!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN, I only have a couple of her 6 gore so I can't help with the 8 gore skirts.

I do really like the 6 gore skirts I have.  I'm a pear shape so things that are penciled or straight down on me aren't always my best friend plus often they are too big in the waist once I get them to fit my hips.  These flaired/flouncy skirts work well for me. 

There was only 1 I didn't care for and that was because it was more fitted in the stomach/upper hip area then flaired out.  It didn't work well for my shape.  I need it to flaire immediately after the waist. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN, I only have a couple of her 6 gore so I can't help with the 8 gore skirts.

I do really like the 6 gore skirts I have.  I'm a pear shape so things that are penciled or straight down on me aren't always my best friend plus often they are too big in the waist once I get them to fit my hips.  These flaired/flouncy skirts work well for me. 

There was only 1 I didn't care for and that was because it was more fitted in the stomach/upper hip area then flaired out.  It didn't work well for my shape.  I need it to flaire immediately after the waist. 

Thank-you! I carry my extra weight in my middle, so I find that those types of skirts work well for me too, I think I will give them a try-start with 1..Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Thank-you! I carry my extra weight in my middle, so I find that those types of skirts work well for me too, I think I will give them a try-start with 1..Thanks again!

FYI, A281161 was the skirt that did NOT work for me.  Maybe you would like it but for me it was a no go.  

Trusted Contributor

I also really like the 6 gore skirts (have not worn the 8).  I preferred the ones made of premium liquid knit, which are a thicker fabric, over the regular liquid knit.  The premium liquid knit skirts were also a tad longer.  I don't like my knees showing.  Like an earlier poster, I have more of a pear shape, and pencil-type skirts just don't fit me.  These fit, but don't look excessively "full" either.  

Honored Contributor

Aha! learn something new every day!

The only 'gore' I knew happened when you ran with bulls! ( or what you see in A Nightmare on Elm Street)

Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   I like gored skirts to a degree.  I think short ones just at or just above the knees are fun and flirty, move nicely.

Long ones are good fall/winter with boots, but not too long - I'd say a little better than ankle length.

Honored Contributor

I like that style ... but not sure of the fabric she's using.  I have a couple of gored skirts from other sources and the style itself is very attractive and comfortable to wear.  

Again ... I don't know how substantial SG's fabric is for the skirt.  Her liquid knit tends to be a bit too flimsy for me.