Super Contributor

Re: What are your thoughts? Couldn't decide whether to buy Susan Graver tops !!!

I have a couple SG tops, including one that I bought probably 10 years ago, and still looks like new. I agree that they're over-priced though, and probably would never pay that in a store. But the selection for my size range is very limited in the smaller area I live in, so it's really nice to have more options. I have liked everything I've bought - they've all fit me well and wear like iron so in that way I do feel a bit better about paying the higher prices. I do feel I get my wear out of them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are your thoughts? Couldn't decide whether to buy Susan Graver tops !!!

What I have bought from her over time have lasted quite well, still look good. I just bought the recently offered special value in bright pink. I have 4 of the other colors in this style. I wear them on the dance floor with a long flowing skirt.

Valued Contributor

When we are able to get to malls we should. When something happens and we can't then SG tops look attractive.

Honored Contributor

Do you have a Ross store near you? Similar styles for a lot less money...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

On 1/12/2014 Desertdi said:

Do you have a Ross store near you? Similar styles for a lot less money...........

Yes, there is one near me but absolutely nothing looks good. It all looks so, just nothing I want. Sorry, because I really wanted to support that store.

Super Contributor

On 1/11/2014 Kathleen said:
On 1/11/2014 vera11 said:
On 1/11/2014 Kathleen said:

I'm a fan of SG tops - own lots of them - and have been buying them on and off for years.

I like her color palette and most of her prints - and fabrics. And, her prices are lower than other places I shop.

cant see why shoppers would buy SG and similar cheaply made items when home goods, marshalls sell name brand stuff, calvin, bcbg, ralph lauren, willi smith, anne klein etc for mucho less money and NO shipping fee....cant beat the tailoring and fabric on name brands!

i just had a thought, could it be there are NO marshalls, tj maxx in some arreas? so agree with goodstuff and charlie8.

Some people like to shop in Marshall's and TJM. I don't. Price isn't my primary consideration.

I don't like shopping at Marshalls and TJ Max's. I would rather do Kohl's, Macy's, Chico's, cold Water Creek sales or outlets. Love Kohl's and Macy's coupons.

Honored Contributor

I never understood the appeal of paying fifty bucks for a polyester blouse, but maybe I'm missing something here.

If you're on a tight budget, then don't buy anything you LIKE ..... buy only what you LOVE.