Respected Contributor

Re: What are your favorite jeans?

@godi wrote:

None. I am just not cut for jeans. 

@godi 

I can relate to that.  I've purchase numerous brands and end up donating them, brand new.  It's been 10+ years since I've worn jeans.

Honored Contributor

@Magicrat 

My sisters like the Gloria Vanderbilt jeans too. 

@Susan Louise 

I like Levi's jeans. I own their straight, bootcut, and skinny styles. They seem to fit my body best right now.

I used to wear Lee jeans. They are more "forgiving" than Levi's. I can order one size down in Lee relaxed fit jeans. 

I have a pair of Macy's Charter Club trouser jeans I love too. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just checked my closet and apparently I favor Old Navy and Sonoma jeans from Kohl’s. I’m not one to spend a lot of money on jeans(obviously lol), but have never had any quality/fit issues with less expensive brands. The only style I don’t like is full length jeans with straight legs, otherwise I have a variety. I have traded most of my skinny jeans in for jeggings however, just more comfortable and I style them with care 🙂.

Respected Contributor

LOGO for me. I am tall so the rise is always too short in any jean that "falls below the waist line". (All regular jeans are too short in the rise for me.)

The jeans themselves are fairly heavy and silky, with enough stretch, and they have a 3 inch top that literally makes the jean have a higher rise with no muffin top. 

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

Paige Jeans

I did buy the  IM True Denim wide leg jeans that are very nice  fitting.

I did try the NYDJ  Marilyn which fit me

I tried Paige jeans a few years ago when I got a gift cert to a local store that carried them. They were the skinniest of my skinny jeans, I did love them...more expensive than I've ever paid for jeans...but nice. However...I don't dare try them on yet..lol.

Ps, on that "skinny" note...I don't care what "fashion dictates" I'm still going to wear my skinny jeans, as well as boyfriends, straights and bootcuts. I have zero interest in wide leg crops or the so-called  "mom jeans."

Wondering if y'all are going to continue to wear your skinnies?  (That is, if it was a style you did used to wear in the first place.)

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

I have tons of jeans...all shapes, sizes, washes, because it's what I wear the most...hard to pick favorites but in recent years:

Liverpool (Dark indigo, Skinny...the best)

Jag (Boyfriend)

Tribal (all good, they make great fitting Missy jeans, pants)

Chicos (Girlfriend I think it's called GF Tight ankle...but it's basically a straight, no too skinny, hits at the ankle, cute everyday jean)

I also have an Express boot cut I like a lot, and way back in the day Express used to be my go-to...revisited them in recent years and liked them, plus at our outlets, prices were so reasonable for a great jean.

ps. and btw...since Covid lbs are still on me, have not tried on most of them, except my Jag BF's, Chicos GF's and one style of pull on Tribal straight-leg that all still fit! Need to do a whole "try-on" session soon, get an inventory for what I can wear this fall/winter, what I might need, and a reality check! Still trying to take off these excess lbs! 😬

@amyb 

With the exception of the brands I could've written your post! I too have a bazillion pairs of jeans from inexpensive to overpriced (Which I purchase at Nordstrom rack)

I too have been affected by Covid but for the opposite reason! The whole thing had me so stressed out and with a seriously ill boss I had no appetite and I've lost a bunch of weight.

I always go back to true religion and Hudson. But I have some shopping channel brands that have been great too. Peace love world, skinny girl, even a pair of Lisa Rinna! I also purchased Lola from QVC which are really nice. Indigo thread (ShopHQ) are terrific.

then there are the store brands; Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Topshop etc...

With all the advances in textiles there are a lot of choices for jeans that fit properly 

Esteemed Contributor

Diane Gilman's virtual stretch skinny in petite.

Laurie Felt's boyfriend.

Talk about virtual...I have a virtual jean boutique over here at every price point imaginable! There's always something a wee bit off, but I put up with them until I got the above!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo Oh...how could I forget Banana! lol...although I only own one pair now...they were a staple pant, in general, brand for me years ago when I needed corporate wear. Great fitting and looking pants then.

But one year, not too long ago, I found a great straight leg jean on sale for only $11 at our Banana outlet...still have them. A liiiiittle tight right now, but I can get them on! Ha.

I just need to lose about 8-10 pounds...I say "just" but easy as it was to put on during stress-ridden Covid for me...not so easy to take off! But then...haven't given up my carbs yet either.  Just need to balance it all again.

Sorry you had a hard time and couldn't eat...hopefully everything is ok with your boss and eventually you will "balance" out again too.

Respected Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

NYDJ Best fitting jeans I've ever worn!

Do you size down as they say?

I did that this year, trying them for the first time and it was a mistake...I should have stayed with my normal size. Didn't return or exchange (they were out of my size by then, it was Q's TSV last year)...so now I need to wait 'til I lose the extra Covid lbs. But I had bought them wanting to wear them now. Owell. 

Honored Contributor

My fav jeans are from Talbots because the denim fabric is so lux and cost less than NYDJ jeans.