Honored Contributor

Re: What are your favorite jeans?

Anne Klein

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

J.Crew skinny jeans, judging by my closet. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have tons of jeans...all shapes, sizes, washes, because it's what I wear the most...hard to pick favorites but in recent years:

Liverpool (Dark indigo, Skinny...the best)

Jag (Boyfriend)

Tribal (all good, they make great fitting Missy jeans, pants)

Chicos (Girlfriend I think it's called GF Tight ankle...but it's basically a straight, no too skinny, hits at the ankle, cute everyday jean)

I also have an Express boot cut I like a lot, and way back in the day Express used to be my go-to...revisited them in recent years and liked them, plus at our outlets, prices were so reasonable for a great jean.

ps. and btw...since Covid lbs are still on me, have not tried on most of them, except my Jag BF's, Chicos GF's and one style of pull on Tribal straight-leg that all still fit! Need to do a whole "try-on" session soon, get an inventory for what I can wear this fall/winter, what I might need, and a reality check! Still trying to take off these excess lbs! 😬

Respected Contributor

Every time Logo best Jeans/joggers ever.

Esteemed Contributor

Paige Jeans

I did buy the  IM True Denim wide leg jeans that are very nice  fitting.

I did try the NYDJ  Marilyn which fit me

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

None. I am just not cut for jeans. 

@godi    I've all but given up on them....I always felt like I looked like Grandpa....on the farm.  They mostly stay in the closet.    Too hot here (AZ) most of the year anyway(!)  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 wrote:

Paige Jeans

I tried Paige jeans a few years ago when I got a gift cert to a local store that carried them. They were the skinniest of my skinny jeans, I did love them...more expensive than I've ever paid for jeans...but nice. However...I don't dare try them on yet..lol.

Ps, on that "skinny" note...I don't care what "fashion dictates" I'm still going to wear my skinny jeans, as well as boyfriends, straights and bootcuts. I have zero interest in wide leg crops or the so-called  "mom jeans."

Wondering if y'all are going to continue to wear your skinnies?  (That is, if it was a style you did used to wear in the first place.)

Valued Contributor

Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" Jeans.  Can't beat 'em for $42.00.  Sometimes less.  Sold at Kohl's; and I think I got a couple pairs from HSN.  (I have around 60 pair.  All I ever wear.) 

Respected Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

Paige Jeans

I tried Paige jeans a few years ago when I got a gift cert to a local store that carried them. They were the skinniest of my skinny jeans, I did love them...more expensive than I've ever paid for jeans...but nice. However...I don't dare try them on yet..lol.

Ps, on that "skinny" note...I don't care what "fashion dictates" I'm still going to wear my skinny jeans, as well as boyfriends, straights and bootcuts. I have zero interest in wide leg crops or the so-called  "mom jeans."

Wondering if y'all are going to continue to wear your skinnies?  (That is, if it was a style you did used to wear in the first place.)

Yes, I am. 

Re my fav jeans, I really like my 7 for all Mankind the best.  I find their sizing is pretty consistent.  I only wish their full length jeans weren't a 34" inseam, as I can no longer wear heels, and its too long an inseam for me to wear with a flat sandal or sneaker. 

I also like Paige, but find their sizing is inconsistent.  Some styles "Nellie" run large, and some styles "Cindy" run really small.  I'm never sure of my size with Paige, but I do like their styles and when they fit, they fit great.

Tory Burch jeans fit me well, but again, I find the sizing inconsistent.  I do tend to think they run on the larger size so I always size down, but I love all things Tory Burch.

All these jeans are pricey of course, but if you can find a pair that fits great, they are well worth it imo.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@godi wrote:

None. I am just not cut for jeans. 

@godi    I've all but given up on them....I always felt like I looked like Grandpa....on the farm.  They mostly stay in the closet.    Too hot here (AZ) most of the year anyway(!)  di

@Desertdi  @godi 

I haven't worn jeans in years, mostly because they are just too hot for Southern CA.    Last time I tried to purchase jeans I spent an entire weekend at about 6 stores, and couldn't find anything that didn't make me look like a farmer .... not to give farmers a bad name.  I bet I tried on 50 pair and it was a lot of effort for no result.  

What really surprises me is how many times I've seen someone wearing jeans that look spray painted on .... and they do not flatter the wearer.   I can only assume that they "felt good" on and the wearer gave up on them actually looking good.

If I lived in a cooler climate, maybe I'd try again, but there's really no point.