Honored Contributor

What are your favorite design embellishments/details?

For me it's a peplum! I'm a sucker for a good peplum top! I recently purchased the kirkwood cami w/ peplum, and not even my first choice in color, just because. lol

I also like a well placed pintuck detail. It can really elevate an otherwise generic garment.

What are the details or embellishments that you find hard to resist?

Honored Contributor

Re: What are your favorite design embellishments/details?

I love unusual or handmade buttons, special weaves, interesting collars, ties, angled zippers, especially if the metal is black, and special statement belts.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love an unusual collar especially if it can be styled in different ways.  Gets me just about every time.  And like ECBG, I love cool zipper placements.

Oh, and the color oxblood red... I will buy anything in that family!

Honored Contributor

Now that you mention, and I've purchased pants because of it, I like the interesting zipper details too!

Respected Contributor

i like zippers (love moto wear) sequins and fringe.  i don't like to see myself coming and going.  black is my favorite color so i'm always looking for different ways to wear it.

Honored Contributor

Nothing too showy for me - I don't mind subtle details, but I don't shop for items based on them.  For example, I might puchase a sweater with subtle or tonal embroidery or sequins on it, but I wouldn't search for sweaters with embroidery or sequins specifically. I like color and prints so I don't really need any other details on items - that would be too much going on for one item for me.

Honored Contributor

I'm still liking ombre sweaters and tees, even though they've been around for awhile now. I especially like it when it's done subtly, in a monochromatic jewel tone, with the lightest portion at the top, and darkest at the bottom, where it can do its job of minimizing, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

Princess seams

hidden pockets 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

@sailor_moon wrote:

Princess seams

hidden pockets 

I was watching a bit of the Logo presentation last night and when they presented her best selling shirt my first thought was how much better it would look with hidden side seam pockets as opposed to the patch placement on the front of the shirt...probably more practical/usable too.