Contributor

Re: What are you going to wear at your NY Eve party?

I have only been home a few times for NYE. Usually asleep before midnight. So I decided it is better to work (at night) and make money.

Respected Contributor

A week ago, I would have said, I'll be wearing my night shirt and my new slippers. But, my bff decided to give a small New Years Eve party for about 20 of her nearest and dearest friends. She wants us to dress up for the occasion. Right now, I plan to wear a silver metallic sweater over a black camisole, an ankle length flowy black skirt and black satin flats. Some glitzy jewelry, of course. I've never been a big New Years Eve type of person, not even when I was very young. It always seemed to phony and fake to me. Not to mention expensive! We usually go out for an early dinner and watch the festivities at home on tv. However, I do enjoy small gatherings of good friends.

Respected Contributor

Pjs, happily!
Respected Contributor

I will be home wearing jeans and watching football. I love this outfit I saw on Pinterest.

Nude elegant lace dress ...beautiful outfit. I would never be able to walk in such a high heel, so I would have to change those.

Esteemed Contributor

At a party in LA which means glam casual: skinny, dark wash jeans, a sparkly top, and heels.

We'll be home by midnight, though!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Contributor

Iwantcoffee, that is a gorgeous outfit. If I had someplace to go I would definitely wear that minus those high heels. No can do those babies. Who makes that dress?

Honored Contributor

We used to party on New Years, but no more. The turning point came when I purchased a lovely dress, went out to a party and a DRUNK threw a drink at me. She was aiming for her boyfriend and got me instead. I could not get the stains out and trashed the dress. I was too frightened to confront the drunk.

Since then, it's the TV and PJ's.

Respected Contributor

On 12/29/2014 shoppingT said:

Iwantcoffee, that is a gorgeous outfit. If I had someplace to go I would definitely wear that minus those high heels. No can do those babies. Who makes that dress?

Sorry, I do not know. The link from Pinterest showed a lot of pretty lace dresses but did not give the info on this dress.

Trusted Contributor

Black jeans, black turtleneck, animal print shoes ... going to a tasting party for the pre-opening of a local restaurant.

Super Contributor

Most likely pajamas, lol.