Honored Contributor

Re: What are the retail stores in your area looking like?

@Estates wrote:

@software  I,too,was at a TJM a few weeks ago. I wasn't paying attention and got too close to another person by the nail polish.One of the employees told me I was too close to the other shopper.I apologized since I was staring at the nail polish and not my surroundings. She told me they had complaints to their corporate office from shoppers that people were not keeping 6 ft away,wearing masks,etc. So they were just enforcing what people are requesting. I think everyone is trying to make our way for this new venture with shopping. 

If those are their rules, good.

But that wasn't true for me.   I was the last person in line, 6 ft from the person in front of me but being last, there was not a sticker on the floor to tell me EXACTLY where to stand.  I've tried to "social distance" all my life, I don't stand close to people & I like for people to give me space.   

The employee didn't know where I should stand either, she told me one way, then changed her mind, was showing me another way.   About that time the line moved forward.  I think some people just like being a bully.

Honored Contributor

Re: What are the retail stores in your area looking like?

I'm sitting here trying to remember the last time I went "shopping."   I live in residental section of Manhattan.)

Other than groceries, drugstore, hardware store and the little clothes shop down the corner, I think the last time was around 2013 or 2014 (other than a quick in/out at the "new" Target  (awful merchandise) about a year or two ago). 

Other than Target, there are no major retail stores in the immediate area.  It's easier just to get online and order and have delivered.  And, judging from all the packages delivered our lobby every day - it seems like we are all doing it!

But - I have noticed more vehicle and pedestrian traffic the past week or so.  Lots of people in the park here, our Green Market is open on Sundays ... most people wearing colorful masks.