Respected Contributor

Re: What are the colors you cannot wear?

None.

Honored Contributor

A color that is hard to be flattering on a lot of people is grass green.  It's a little to much in the hue.  And a lot of people can't wear it.  The other shades are green are much nicer.  For me, I can't wear.  But other greens I can and do wear. My taste runs toward neutral.  I love grey.

Contributor

With pale skin and blue-gray eyes, I prefer anything blue toned. I don't care for wearing pastels at all. Unless it is warm weather, I also like darker more sophisticated colors. I dislike wearing primary colors, especially red or yellow; orange, gold, pastels, corals, etc. I prefer to wear dark solid color slacks or jeans, and nothing too tight.

Honored Contributor

With my red hair, yellow, orange, red, and some pinks are a big NO.    I am drawn to black, navy, dark greens, royal blues, and gray.   

Honored Contributor

Can't wear solid black tops.  I look like you need to lay me down, fold my hands and just add the rosary Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bright yellow and bright red.   I can wear dijon mustard/dark gold, cranberry/merlot, berry/mauve, purples but not the brights!  Cannot even wear red nail polish, it is garish with my skin tone....stick with berries, mauves, pinks, mauvy grays.....dusty tones in those colors, medium to dark tones!

Valued Contributor

Pastels do not work on me.  I am light with freckles, and cooler bold colors (red, greens, etc) look best on me.  Even self tanning or bronzing they still do not work.  Also, chartreuse is a HUGE nooooo on me.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

With my red hair, yellow, orange, red, and some pinks are a big NO.    I am drawn to black, navy, dark greens, royal blues, and gray.   

Red is stunning on redheads. It just has to be the right red for your complexion (same with oranges and yellows).

There are so many others.  Look at Jessica Chastain in different reds. Julianne Moore. Others. 

I understand if it's not your preference, but, many redheads wear red, orange and yellow very well.  It's the skin color and the clothing color that make or break the look, not the hair color. 

tmp-cam-587170588.jpg

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule 🤡

tmp-cam-751587284.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like wearing white clothes. I don't like mustard shades either.

Honored Contributor

Pink - and I love it

Stark white next to my face

I have dark blonde hair and hazel eyes. I look best in warm colors. Smiley Happy