Respected Contributor

Re: What are the advantages/disadvantages of pima cotton?

@gellen    I notice I get those little holes in my tee shirts as well and I can't figure out why.  I blame it on my washer.  Even tho my washer is very similar to my old washer (has a central agitator) I don't recall getting these holes using the old washer.  The new one is HE and maybe it has something to do with the water level, or the gusto it uses to spin the clothes dry.

I'm always careful of zippers on anything, make sure they are zipped and washed inside out so I don't think its the zippers cutting thru only the tee shirts.  I hate that.

Regarding the pima cotton, in my experience it is much softer and finer than 'regular 100% cotton'.  So I find it more comfortable, especially if used for pajamas or bed sheets.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Supima cotton in my jeans.  Supima is another type of cotton, considered the most expensive.  Three times more expensive then Pima cotton. What's nice about it is the feel of it.  I have 2 100% Supima cotton jeans, and while they can get wrinkled, it's super comfortable on the body.  They also hold the color saturation longer then regular cotton.   I also have three tops (not just from Isaac) is made from 100% Pima cotton.  All jeans have cotton in them (cheaper jeans have synthetic fibers mixed with cotten) and premum jeans have either Pima or Supima in them.  One factor of the cost.

Here is a comparison of Pima vs Supima

https://www.thesleepjudge.com/pima-vs-supima/

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@shoptheQYears ago, I ordered 3 LLB pima cottons, same style but different colors.  The next season I ordered that same #shirt -  and the cotton wasn't all that similar.  I haven't tried much from there since, but those first 3 shirts do still look quite decent.  The fourth one will probably look new almost forever -  I should just stop pretending that some day I'll want to wear it.   

I purchased (3) LL Bean mock necks for my husband this past Christmas. The older ones he has from them are nicely constructed; great fabric. Now the material is cheap and thin and the quality is not there anymore....and its $$.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@gellen  Very soft against skin.  Isaac's pima tees are very nice.  I wash my tees in warm or cold water and hang to dry.

kindness is strength