Super Contributor

Aren’t joggers the same thing as sweat pants?  I don’t get it.  Is “sweat” the problem with sweat pants???

Honored Contributor

@bigtraps wrote:

Aren’t joggers the same thing as sweat pants?  I don’t get it.  Is “sweat” the problem with sweat pants???

I think so.  "Joggers" sounds cooler than "sweat pants."  The marketing geniuses are hard at work.  

Esteemed Contributor

i thought joggers were people running to get exercise......i've never tried it!!  LOL....

Trusted Contributor

Joggers are generally a lighter material and more streamlined than sweat pants.  Also the ankle in joggers is a fitted few inches of material whereas the ankles on sweat pants are traditionally cinched with elastic.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Contributor

Does anyone use the word "sweatpantts" anymore when referring to an item of clothing? I haven't heard that term in the last couple of years.  Now I hear yoga or workout pants, but I honestly don't hear "sweatpants".  I would say joggers are the relaxed pants with a cuff on the bottom,   I googled and found...The difference between joggers and sweatpants is that joggers are actually meant for jogging. Even though they are made with the same material, joggers are lightweight and will allow your legs to breath, whereas sweatpants are thick and are meant to keep your legs warm.

Honored Contributor

They're all "sweatpants" to me.

Honored Contributor

Sweatpants are usually lined with fleece whereas joggers have no lining.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thanks. This is helpful to me as I've been interested in some D&C  joggers for awhile but never really "got" the explanation. Now I know they are more lightweight and that's what I want.

Esteemed Contributor

Joggers are lighter weight than sweatpants I think.  Cannot stand sweatpants,especially on men.  I like the way joggers look with casual shoes.  Joggers look so ridiculous with the heels usually worn with them on the Q.  Never see anyone wearing that combo around here.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Re: What are joggers???

[ Edited ]

@MoJoV wrote:

Joggers are lighter weight than sweatpants I think.  Cannot stand sweatpants,especially on men.  I like the way joggers look with casual shoes.  Joggers look so ridiculous with the heels usually worn with them on the Q.  Never see anyone wearing that combo around here.

There are sporty joggers, but there are also jogger-style pants made of slinkier or more dressy fabrics. I think those look fine with heels.

Also, I think the term “jogger” has more to do with the banded leg style than with the weight of the fabric; joggers can be made of a variety of fabrics.