Respected Contributor

Re: What are details on clothing that you don't like?

• Non-functioning zippers
  • Coin pockets
  • Deep V necks - you see this a lot in plus size clothing. There's the assumption all of us are large busted but that's not the case, although I'm in the large bust category, but I prefer more modest necklines.
  • Bottoms that have a hook and eye closure along with a zipper
  • Size zip entry
  • Hoods with the fuzzy fur trim that gets in your face when it's windy out
  • Hoods that don't have a drawstring - it defeats the purpose of a hood when it won't stay up
  • Super-sarcastic sayings on shirts

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Writing/phrases on clothes,  distressed jeans/jeans with the lines that look worn, (but just look dirty to me), high/low hems, half tucks, elastic waistbands,  stretch in jeans, loud/busy prints, anything in olive or mustard color, velcro on clothes or shoes, short tops over longer ones, crop tops/jackets, seams that don't match up.

Honored Contributor

Front leg seams on pants...NO!

Trusted Contributor

I think I am too old for ruffles and bows.

I don't like pants that have a stitched crease down the center front.  It reminds me of stretch pants from the '60's. 

I don't wear green.  I just don't like it and my DH hates it.

I like a variety of styles, so I seldom rule things out completely.  I have a pretty open mind for fashion. 

Esteemed Contributor

Rhinestones, Americana prints, heck most prints.  Especially paisley.  I can tolerate a minimal houndstooth print though.  Any kind of print that is all over the garment, I'm not likely to wear.  Florals, I don't like sequins, and some lace.  It depends on what the lace is made of.  If the entire top is lace I will work with it in a solid color.  

No animal prints of any kind.  None.  Zebra, cow, cheetah, whatever.  No.  If I do wear any prints at all (rare) they are usually for my headwraps when I'm inclined to wear one.  Various designs of Kente cloth is what I use.  That's it in the way of patterns.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

No to leather, angora, silk, suede, mother of pearl (buttons) or fur.

Don't like a zipper at the neck line.

Don't like (Maude Findlay) layers.

Cap sleeves.

Tiered dresses.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anything that has skinny straps or cut out backs that you cannot wear a bra with.

Esteemed Contributor

For me, I don't like gold colored buttons or embellishments if they look cheap.  Same with most colored rhinestones.  I'm actually more concerned with prints (mostly tops).  I normally stick to smaller prints or those with geometric shapes, etc.  I don't want something with a flower print or some cutesy kitty or doggie on it.  I know lots of people like those though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Tags....the tags that scratch the back of your neck. I wish designers and manufacturers would all go tagless. 

Respected Contributor

There is hardly any item mentioned that I have not had a reversal on. Except uneven hems. I like perhaps  rounded one on tops and just an old fashioned straight across one on dresses. I had a shark bite hem on a top once and it really got on my nerves. I think the half tuck thing is not attractive on most.

Practicality should tell designers to put a string in winter coat hoods.