Honored Contributor

Re: What about pants with pockets?

@Texasmouse wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

I have to have pockets.  I usually won't buy pants that don't have pockets.  I need some place to put my work ID.  Can't say that I've noticed if they add to the hips.

@GCR18

I wear my work ID on a lanyard around my neck. I imagine actually putting things in my pockets would ruin the line even more.

I chose not to wear a lanyard or the clip that comes with the ID.  When I leave for work, I put the ID in my pocket.  I show it to the guard when I enter the building.  Once I get to my desk, I put it in my lunch bag.  When I get home, I set it out for the next day.  Love my pockets.

Respected Contributor

This is an example of what I'm talking about. I think the pockets ruin an otherwise clean line.

Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse, the pockets on those navy pants don't ruin the line for me. Those look like Gap pants, I own many. I guess if I didn't have narrow hips I might feel differently, but I won't wear pants without pockets. I get annoyed sometimes that leggings rarely have pockets!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Yes! I like side pockets.....

Honored Contributor

I rarely put anything in the pockets but I like 'em!  

If I don't have them I don't feel "right".!!!

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Texasmouse, the pockets on those navy pants don't ruin the line for me. Those look like Gap pants, I own many. I guess if I didn't have narrow hips I might feel differently, but I won't wear pants without pockets. I get annoyed sometimes that leggings rarely have pockets!

@MaggieMack

I guess that's mostly the issue. For people with wider hips, the pockets just add more width. Also, I just hate having to mess with pockets and make sure they're all tucked-in properly every time I go to the bathroom. It's so much quicker and easier to pull up and fasten pants with no pockets!

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

This is an example of what I'm talking about. I think the pockets ruin an otherwise clean line.

"Clean line" is not something that comes to mind when looking at these. "Badly cut" and poor fabric is more like it.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I don't buy pants with side pockets, I don't even know why they make women''s pants with side pockets.  They stick out and add lumps where we don't need them.  I have a friend who has a dressmaker cut the pocket out and stitch the opening.  But I just prefer to buy pants without side pockets.  As for needing pockets for tissues or lipstick or keys, isn't that why we carry handbags?

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach, they are "slouchy," which is an option some of us like to wear for the right time. Fun and funky!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I love the look of these pants.  The pockets don't ruin them at all to me.

My pants are probably 50-50 pockets to no pockets.  When I am wearing a body conscious look: slim pants and close fit sweater or tee, I go with no pockets. Otherwise, pockets are my friends!