Honored Contributor

I saw the most beautiful ecru lace Victorian looking blouse on some show (not a shopping channel).  It really caught my eye, then they pulled out to a full length shot.  She had paired this creation with the most shredded pair of jeans I've ever seen.  What a disappointment.  Since the blouse was obviously very expensive, I'm betting the jeans were, too.  Just stop it, people.  I'm ducking now.

Honored Contributor

Re: What a way to ruin a look.

@depglass wrote:

I saw the most beautiful ecru lace Victorian looking blouse on some show (not a shopping channel).  It really caught my eye, then they pulled out to a full length shot.  She had paired this creation with the most shredded pair of jeans I've ever seen.  What a disappointment.  Since the blouse was obviously very expensive, I'm betting the jeans were, too.  Just stop it, people.  I'm ducking now.

@depglass 

How YOUNG was the woman?   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Soften the edgy-look of distressed/ripped jeans by wearing them with an elegant top. That's a style thing these days.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

I  can understand your feelings.

In the same idea, I am over some of the "high-low" mixes.  Some are plain unappealing to me to the max degree!

If anyone likes all of the high low mixing, enjoy.

Honored Contributor

My guess is, that person is very young and you.... aren't.  

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@depglass 

In the same idea, I am over some of the "high-low" mixes.  Some are plain unappealing to me to the max degree!

@ECBG    I have to agree... I am so tired of the high low thing.  Maybe it is because I am on the petite side...Those styles look like maternity clothes on me.  🤦🏻‍♀️.  I tried it once, and knew I just could not carry it off.  I'll stick to the classics.  

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I appreciate a contrast in looks, I would have to see this one to decide. I'm not young. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

You are right, I'm not.  (young).  I also am over the high-low, some pieces in my closet I bought because I loved the item in spite of the high-low.  There was the cutest denim jacket on Sat. Fashion Day, princess seamed for a streamlined fit.   Just under  100.00, it was some in brand I've never heard of.  But, I saved the $100.00 because it had the dreaded high-low look.  To be honest, I thought it was passe, just like cold shoulders.

Honored Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@depglass 

@ECBG    I have to agree... I am so tired of the high low thing.  Maybe it is because I am on the petite side...Those styles look like maternity clothes on me.  🤦🏻‍♀️.  I tried it once, and knew I just could not carry it off.  I'll stick to the classics.  

@Mombo1 

Mine comes from the look of those black and white high (or low) top sneakers.  I hated them when I saw them as a child.  "Trainers" or tennis shoes as European stylists refer to them are like nails on a chalk board when I see them with a nice outfit.

There are many comfortable casual shoe lines like Earth.

Trusted Contributor

JMO...I don't care for half tuck with everything....oversized thick sweaters with a half tuck....