Honored Contributor

What a find - Dialogue Jacket

Was cleaning up the spare room for Holiday visitors. Found a package that slipped behind the head board of the bed. It was a Dialogue jacket. It was SO WELL made. Had all the seams sewn with interface fabic. The material was so nice. Took it out of the package and except for being folded in the package for years, still hung nicely.

Too bad I donated the pants that went with the jacket years ago. 

Still can't get over how well it was made and the quality fabric.

Respected Contributor

Re: What a find - Dialogue Jacket

@drizzellla  Ya must not have had any visitors in a very long time, LOL. I have never heard of that brand before. Kinda makes me want to go check behind my headboard....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to have some Dialogue pieces too...always liked that Q brand, as well as Motto, and a Centigrade coat I loved. And my mom had some nice sweaters and jackets from old, now extinct, Q brands...can't recall the names right now.

I think everything, everywhere was better made back then, than things are now. Our old Banana Republic outlet store used to have beautiful things, same quality as the retail store. Then of course, outlets started "mfrg just for outlets", that, and everything getting cheaper-made, changed things. I was also looking at my 100% cashmere, made in Italy, full length coat, that I got, for a steal, at our Barney's outlet years ago. Still like new, totally classic, in style. Sorry that store went away too.

These type things can only be found at a high premium these days by high-end designer brands, usually only online. Otherwise all the other "middle of the road" stores have gone down to cheap as Walmart type, made in China items. Not all...but a lot of it. 

Our local boutiques have some good quality for not break the bank things.

Anyway, I went down a rabbit hole here, lol...

Hold onto the old classics in your closet...tough to find out there now. 

Enjoy your find, @drizzellla!

Trusted Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Was cleaning up the spare room for Holiday visitors. Found a package that slipped behind the head board of the bed. It was a Dialogue jacket. It was SO WELL made. Had all the seams sewn with interface fabic. The material was so nice. Took it out of the package and except for being folded in the package for years, still hung nicely.

Too bad I donated the pants that went with the jacket years ago. 

Still can't get over how well it was made and the quality fabric.

Still have the Dialogue Leather jacket in the British tan color. The leather is just so buttery and nice. Nice find!

Esteemed Contributor

Now that's a blast from the past, lol!  I remember two leather barn jackets (yes, lamb leather, to boot) I had in dark brown and black.  Best made jackets and they wore like iron.  My sons each took one ... they were true "barn" jackets and ran large ... my youngest son's was stolen out of his car after he had worn it for three or four years.  Gosh, he was so upset over that ...

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Jayne Brown was the buyer for Dialogue before becoming a host ... 

Trusted Contributor

I remember Indigo Moon, for unique high quality jackets!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonMom wrote:

The last time I looked they were on ShopHQ.

Respected Contributor

That is a nice find.  Like getting a gift and a nice one.  I remember the brand and others that were well made.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

That was an excellent brand -classic, tailored styles and well-made.  I kept mine for many years.

Valued Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@KingstonMom wrote:

The last time I looked they were on ShopHQ.

Yes, they're still there -

I purchased a few items from 'Indigo Thread' on shophq, they were quality, well made.