Honored Contributor

What a difference my slip makes

I tried it on today ,along with my dress, and it just looks so much nicer. The Vanity Fair is a nice slip. I might get a cotton one for the summer just for comfort

The dress looked OK before the slip ,but after, it looks like a million dollars

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What a difference my slip makes

[ Edited ]

I never gave up my slips. I still have my half slips also. I just feel more put together with them on. They just smooth everything out. 

Honored Contributor

@godi  I gave up dresses ,so ,it wasn't an issue for me

Trusted Contributor

I hunt for slips at thrift stores. I find so many beautifully made pieces. Usually they are $1.99.

I have amassed a nice collection of slips in different colors and lengths. Some are full slips which are nice under cardigans.

Many of them are barely worn and most likely from the 80's or earlier.

What a difference they make in the way a skirt moves.  Also, I'm never afraid of standing with sunlight behind me.

Sometimes a little anti static spray helps too.

Slips are an oldie but goodie fashion must.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear dresses anymore, but I would never wear one w/out a slip and hose! 

Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl  I am sure they are gorgeous. They used to make such beautiful slips

Super Contributor

A lady always wears a slip with a dress.  I have seen too many women, not just "girls" wearing a dress without a slip.  One can see everything underneath, including the upper and lower lines of too small bikini underwear.  Not a pretty sight although most are attractive with a lovely dress.