Respected Contributor

@forest4thetrees wrote:

@tsavorite

ok, sorry.......Petoskey is way up north from the hotel I mentioned.  You might want to disregard that advice!!

Here's a link to the fairgrounds up there....   http://www.emmetcounty.org/parks-recreation/fairgrounds/     and you can see the buildings in the picture, and how fair you'll walk from your car.

Then if you go to http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/petoskey-mi/49770/august-weather/333661?monyr=8/1/2017   you'll get the historical weather for the Petoskey area from last year.  They don't forecast far enough ahead for Sept 2017 yet.

Other than that, I LOVE that orange/red dress!!  You'd look smashing in the pictures!  Maybe a wrap in case you're chilly; comfy shoes to change to when you're not in a picture and to walk to/from the car.

Sounds like you're a good Aunt!

Oh thank you for finding that link!  This is very helpful....for someone like me....LOL this is very helpful!!  Normally in Sept (my b-day month weather is nice...70....but up north tends to always be cooler and I am just trying to plan ahead correctly.  I already was thinking of packing back up pants just in case.  I like the jumpsuit idea above...short dress is a no go for me.  Watching some Q today and they have those espadrille wedge sandals on...thinking a shoe like this would work with maxi dress or jumpsuit....and be I think ok for the fair grounds even if ground is damp from rain.  

I plan on putting extra clothing in our car and that way when pictures are done I can not freeze! 

Thanks for listening to me....I like to plan ahead....just the way I am even if it's 6mo's away!!  

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

OP, you will be coming up to my neck of the woods! I live on Lake Charlevoix about a 25 min. drive from Petoskey. We pass by that fairgrounds constantly. My son is getting married this October but we'll be heading downstate for his wedding. Any season is beautiful in Michigan but Fall is simply gorgeous! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Super Contributor

@lolakimono Love this and many others! I wish they would let us choose the lengths....at 62..this is a little too short for me.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

@lolakimono Love this and many others! I wish they would let us choose the lengths....at 62..this is a little too short for me.

@gracie2014

Here is a long one-