Honored Contributor

I am better at avoiding mistake purchases. I only buy a few clothing items at the Q per year, but I can also make mistakes in other retail stores. Most of my "What was I thinking" purchases are things on sale. Two weeks ago I bought a knee length royal blue chiffon dress for $10. True, $10 will not break me, but where will I wear this? I think it may be too dressy for me to wear when I sing on Sunday mornings in church. Maybe if I have a wedding to attend? Don't know anyone getting married right now. Oh, well, maybe I should wear it to my next doctor appointment or to the grocery. 😱

Respected Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I am better at avoiding mistake purchases. I only buy a few clothing items at the Q per year, but I can also make mistakes in other retail stores. Most of my "What was I thinking" purchases are things on sale. Two weeks ago I bought a knee length royal blue chiffon dress for $10. True, $10 will not break me, but where will I wear this? I think it may be too dressy for me to wear when I sing on Sunday mornings in church. Maybe if I have a wedding to attend? Don't know anyone getting married right now. Oh, well, maybe I should wear it to my next doctor appointment or to the grocery. 😱

Absolutely! "What was I thinking?!" is certainly not limited to items purchased at QVC.

Respected Contributor

@okaywitheasypayDo you have someone in your family or friends that you could give as gifts?

Respected Contributor

Image result for crochet short jackets

@TrudeyThis is what I use for a dress without sleeves.

Respected Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@wilmaI have a couple of nice dresses that I keep for that "Oh, good, I already have something to wear". I would rather have something that I hardly wear than have to go out shopping and spend big bucks for something I will only wear a few times. $10.00 what a great purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@wilma

If you love that $10 blue chiffon dress keep it.  Then make dinner reservations at an appropriate restaurant for a birthday, your anniversary or just because. Wear it in improved health!  

Honored Contributor

white leggings.

nuff said

Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@VenturaHighway  I love that!  Where did you get it from?

Respected Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@VenturaHighway  I love that!  Where did you get it from?

@TrudeyI bought like this one at a consignment shop. Just look up black lace shrug or bolero. I have different ones in different colors. I have seen some at Macys. I'm sure you could look at Walmart too.

Esteemed Contributor

I've learned what works for me from the Q and also HSN (for the most part). What I didn't learn is that it's not wise to buy any clothes from one of those 'fashion parties' where the hostess encourages participation (online buying) so she can buy more for herself. Two long sweaters that ended up hanging below my knees with fringe and buckles made me question my sanity. They looked cute on the tall online fashion model....I couldn't figure out what to do with all the buckles and there was fringe hanging everywhere. I have no idea what I was thinking....they lasted one month in my closet - I hope the new owner figured out those buckles. LOL!