Esteemed Contributor

All I can think of is what was I thinking that I did not return something, especially in light of poor quality. And why, pray tell, did it appeal to me at the time?

I'm much better at catching myself these days.

Honored Contributor

I finally came to the realization that the majority of what I purchase in clothing from QVC either shrinks or starts looking shoddy after one season. This summer I did a major clean out of my closet and donated almost everything I had purchased in clothing from QVC. None of it held up to washing and even though I line dried everything, the pants shrank in length and the shirts in the sleeve length.

Far too much money wasted and "What was I thinking."

Trusted Contributor

I realized a couple of years ago that, yes, the clothing looks marvelous and wonderful on the models.  They are beautiful models (most not all).  Not so much and sometimes horrible on me.  Same with some of the makeup.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay  Do not beat yourself up! I am right there with you.....guilty as charged.  Just let it go.....donate  to Good Will or  another charity all those WHAT WAS I THINKING  items......AND  FEEL GOOD that someone else  will enjoy your fashion mistakes.....write it off YOUR DONATION on your taxes......EVERYTHING IS 😊 GOOD,

Occasional Contributor

I agree.  After all, without my mistakes, I would not have anything "nice" to donate. (Just old, worn out,stretched out things.)  My downfall was liquid knit.  It took several buys before I acknowledged that my body can't breathe in this particular material.  Trust me.  You just can't enjoy looking slinky when you are covered in (dare I say It?) sweat, on the coldest winter day!  But....someone else may.

Respected Contributor

I bought an IM lace maxi dress in black, thinking that this would be a go to dress for almost any occasion.   I thought, I can just change up cardigans and this will be a great piece to have in my closet.  It is a beautiful dress and it fits me perfectly, but I cannot find anything that looks good with it (I always cover my upper arms).  So there it hangs in my closet, never worn.

Honored Contributor

If I thought back on that, I would have a stomach ulcer.  I have far too many items and what I have still could be multiple by thousands.  Can't go there.  Already getting a headache thinking about it.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@okaywitheasypay  Do not beat yourself up! I am right there with you.....guilty as charged.  Just let it go.....donate  to Good Will or  another charity all those WHAT WAS I THINKING  items......AND  FEEL GOOD that someone else  will enjoy your fashion mistakes.....write it off YOUR DONATION on your taxes......EVERYTHING IS 😊 GOOD,

I agree....best to get rid of it.....out of sight...out of mind..

Esteemed Contributor

Not from QVC -- but from the nearby Ralph Lauren outlet.  I buy lots of items there.  Anyway, bought a nifty knit pullover shirt - cute little collar and long sleeves.  I love the shirt and how it fits me.  My "what was I thinking" is that I bought it in a yellow gold color.  It came in ivory - why in the heck didn't I buy the ivory?  The gold looks horrid on me and no matter how I apply my makeup when I wear it, I look like I have the flu.  It's going in the donation bag this fall.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

Add me to the list of those who wonder "What was I thinking?".  I also donate things I've barely worn or never worn at all.  I pass some on to my daughter, especially things she can wear to work.  Lately, I try to think twice before ordering anything because the prices are much higher than they used to be and the returns are just too pricey.  I try to shop my own closet more.  I have several skirts and casual t-shirt dresses I loved on the models.  I seem to forget that I hate wearing skirts and dresses.