Respected Contributor

Re: What Type of House Shoes Do you Wear?

Socks.

Honored Contributor

Don't usually have cold enough weather to wear socks and a real shoe.  Most of the time I wear a pair of Skechers Repute mules.  A very comfortable slip on with just enough arch support.  

Oh yeah .... for the rare times my feet get cold, I have a lovely pair of Acorn flip flops with a footbed of real shearling .... toasty warm, but not confining.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only own one pair of slippers, made by Birkenstock, but I don't wear them because they've got a different sole which catches on the floor a little when I turn.

For slippers, I wear regular Birkenstock sandals. I have for years. With socks in the winter, without socks in the summer. I'm not a traditional slippers kind of girl.  I've tried over the years, but always end up quickly donating them. 

This is what I am currently wearing. Just got them a few weeks ago. 

017345F6-83EE-456A-A165-BF03936AF8F8.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Always wear Crocs flip flops for around the house, Dearfoam mule slippers in the colder months.

Esteemed Contributor

Crocs

Esteemed Contributor

Even though I'm cold natured, my feet don't typically get cold so I wear crocks year round.  On the rare occasion my feet are cold (15 below in the winter), I have a pair of slip-on Dearfoam slippers that I will wear.

@Big Joanie , About 10 years ago, I had Plantar Fasciitis.  I never went to the doctor so I wasn't officially diagnosed but I just happened to stumble upon huge relief by wearing my Crocs.  Glad to hear I wasn't off in my discovery!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Crocs flip flops for me year round. My feet are rarely cold, so this works. I have 2 cats that barf fairly frequently, and occasionally I have stepped in it--not a good thing with leather or fabric slippers, because it invariably gets on the sides. I can rinse the Crocs  in the shower and they are good as new.

Respected Contributor

I wear sneakers/boots/shoes during the day running about, doing errands, in the house,etc.  At night when wearing my pj's I wear LLBean fleece lined slippers.

Honored Contributor

clarks flip flops mostly. have many pairs and designate one strictly to wear indoors

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

What do you wear for house slippers?   Everything is fur-lined.....I don't need fur-lined slippers in the cold months or warmer months as my feet run hot.

I tried just wearing a pair of canvas slip-ons, but again my feet are getting way too hot (and I hate to say it but smelly too) as there is no ventilation.  

I ordered these Ryka sandals (have not received them yet) as I just don't think I can wear anymore shoes/slippers that do not have some ventilation.  

How about you - do your feet run warm too and, if so, what shoes have you purchased to wear around the house (inside) that have worked for you.

Ryka Adjustable Back-Strap Sport Sandals - Mallorie - A374715

I could not wear those for house shoes.

Currently I'm wearing slip on Baretraps

I want something I can slip on & off easily