Honored Contributor

Re: What Store Would You Chose To Work At For The Discounts?

Niemans or Saks.  They are never busy, so I wouldn't have to work hard.  More time to check out the merchandise.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

I work at Marshalls , the discount is 10%: a few times a year it’s 20%:  The “ spending your whole paycheck “ thing wears off quick.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG. No, no bloggers.  I'm sure you and i would have fun shopping together because I think you, like me, like things kind of arty and "different" as with the Peruvian Connection and handmade deerskin bags.  I used to love juried arts & crafts shows.

@Kachina624If you want a treat, look at this juried artist's public FB.  Vicki Love Designs.  All hand made deer leather!  She's the one that made the belt with 2 ft long fringe I wear in some of the pictures in Outfit Of The Day.

@ECBG. I know, you've mentioned Vicky Love before so I checked out her goods and drooled all over my tablet.  You're lucky to work in a place where you can wear trendy clothing.  My lifestyle is more jeans and tee shirts.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I can't think of one store I would want to work in for the discounts. Maybe I would have said Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack before the news of their racial profiling of black customers. But not now.

I definitely wouldn't want to work at Sephora. Last November when it was a school pro-D day (that means that the teachers had meetings but students had the day off of school), it was during the Sephora VIB and Beauty Insider sale and I went into the local Sephora store where I overheard the sales associates in the front telling other sales associates to watch a group of teens who weren't doing anything wrong -- they were being profiled because they were young. I don't think that the sales people knew that the public school students had the day off. If I were a teenager I would not want to visit a Sephora store. And the sales associate was not discreet about it either. I frankly find the sales people at the local Sephora store about as useful as Eddie Haskell.

Honored Contributor

lululemon for sure.  I think they get at least 50% off. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I worked for the store with the little blue boxes back in the 80's and 90's.. It was probably one of the best decisions I ever made. I met some very famous people who will remain nameless but all of them were interesting and very eager to learn about fine jewelry. It was truly a dream job and helped me with my shyness... The discount was nice but the least of my reason working in the flagship store. I would love to get in there for their new restaurant Breakfast at Tiffany's... The Blue Box Cafe. I have heard it is quite nice..

Esteemed Contributor

@TY wrote:

I can't think of one store I would want to work in for the discounts. Maybe I would have said Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack before the news of their racial profiling of black customers. But not now.

@TY The subject of sales associates profiling people is something which can't be appropriately discussed on this board, but I will say in their defense the profiles generally match up to the types who have been caught -- or gotten away with stolen merchandise.  I think many in the news media these days are far too quick to try to grandstand on the political correctness stage and stick a negative label on things without considering all the facts.

Honored Contributor

Pier One

Ulta

Nordstrom

Super Contributor

It's nice to dream about the clothes, but the reality is different. . lol. . About 15 years ago I got laid off and went to work for Foley's before Macy's bought them out. The pay was so low I had to work two other part time jobs so I could make house payents and buy groceries. I did like the people I worked with and my manager was great, but I was glad to go back to being a forms designer at a hospital when I got the chance. The part time jobs lasted about a year and at tax time, I was astounded by how little money I actually made during that year. It was enough, barely, but I didn't have anything left over to buy clothes.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Honored Contributor

@ECBG

None. I won’t work sales.