Respected Contributor

Re: What Pant Fabrics Do You Like For Summer?

I love cotton or small amount of spandex year round and just go shorter in length i.e. gauchos or capris and lighter weight in fabric.

Bought these earlier in the year, have worn a couple times but we're still pretty soggy and cooler, today is 56 and showers.  Looking forward to wearing them, nice quality and I like the style.  Bought several colors in the gauchos, all pants are Belle.

Trusted Contributor

I typically don't wear long pants in the summer.  I don't even take long pants to the lake house where we live from Memorial Day to Labor Day.  I only take a pair of white capri pants to wear places I just can't wear bermudas. 

I did buy a pair of natural color drawstring linen blend pants this spring (Liz brand from JCPenney).  They are loose and fun to wear.  In fact I wore them today for Mother's Day brunch. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not too particular about fabrics, and I wear footless dance tights under my pants.  Color and style are more important.

I don't mind ironing, and my apartment and everywhere I go is air-conditioned.

Honored Contributor

Anout 99% of my clothing is a natural fabric...either cotton or linen.

Even my bed sheets are all natural.  I very seldom iron anything...even linen.  I put clothing in the dryer for a few minutes to warm it up then smooth it out and put it on a hanger to finish drying.  

The more I wash cotton and linen,  The softer it becomes and the less wrinkles it has.

I used to iron everything, now not  much at all and I don't walk around with wrinkled clothing.

Respected Contributor

Cotton.

And no long pants in summer.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG Being from the south, cotton is the fabric of my life!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

Linen doesn't bother me; I press it with Magic Spray Sizing and get body and few wrinkles.

Of course black and navy linen is easier to wear, However solid black linen is being offered less and black with with white threads is being offered.  (No thank you).

I also like cotton or cotton blend bottoms with about 4% stretch so you can bend; if not, I size up.

I'm not buying "cotton knit" bottoms.  That even sounds hot.

Faultless Starch 00502 Magic Sizing Fabric Finish, 20 oz, 20 Fl Oz 1 - Picture 1 of 2

@ECBG Thanks for the tip about Magic Sizing. 

In the summertime heat and humidity, I prefer to wear cotton and or linen fabric.  

I have always used Best Press Spray Starch brand, it makes ironing so much faster.

Edited to add:  In the summer, I live in dresses & just wear lightweight jeans or pants if the occasion calls for it.

Respected Contributor

I love the D&C beach pants and I think they are some kind of jersey. Once we get into mid-summer, I am in my shorts, which are Denim or Twill.

For work, I can wear jeans or dress pants. When it gets mid-summer, I usually wear midi and maxi dresses. We are in A/C though, so I am not uncomfortable.
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Anout 99% of my clothing is a natural fabric...either cotton or linen.

Even my bed sheets are all natural.  I very seldom iron anything...even linen.  I put clothing in the dryer for a few minutes to warm it up then smooth it out and put it on a hanger to finish drying.  

The more I wash cotton and linen,  The softer it becomes and the less wrinkles it has.

I used to iron everything, now not  much at all and I don't walk around with wrinkled clothing.

Same for me. Organic cotton/linen catches my attention, but I realize it's not an end-all for many.

I love it for clothes and sheets and towels, too.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG 

I wear cotton, cotton polyester blend, linen , or linen blend pants in summer. Strange as it sounds, I enjoy ironing. It is simple and when I am stressed out, it relaxes me.I also like how every thing looks so neat and tidy. Yeah, it's weird....I know...Man Indifferent