Honored Contributor

What Pant Fabrics Do You Like For Summer?

Linen doesn't bother me; I press it with Magic Spray Sizing and get body and few wrinkles.

Of course black and navy linen is easier to wear, However solid black linen is being offered less and black with with white threads is being offered.  (No thank you).

I also like cotton or cotton blend bottoms with about 4% stretch so you can bend; if not, I size up.

I'm not buying "cotton knit" bottoms.  That even sounds hot.

Faultless Starch 00502 Magic Sizing Fabric Finish, 20 oz, 20 Fl Oz 1 - Picture 1 of 2

Trusted Contributor

Re: What Pant Fabrics Do You Like For Summer?

[ Edited ]

I don't do "pants" at all in the summer. Smiley Happy Just way too hot. If I absolutely have to, I have cotton beach pants that are very light that I may wear in the evenings in early and late summer. But, it's rare I am wearing them. 

And no, no, no linen. No matter the quality they itch me. I dislike that fabric, wrinkles and itchy. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linen, gauze, and Tencel/lyocell.  I use Magic Wrinkle Releaser or a steamer.

Honored Contributor

Cotton or linen or light weight denim.  I was shopping yesterday at Dillards looking for nice dress pants, the fabrics were AWFUL, I did not even look at the fabric content, all I had to do is 'feel' them and I knew I would not wear them.  

I did see one pair that I liked, traditional dress pants, but I didn't want to spend $90.00.

Honored Contributor

I won't own anything that has to be ironed.  Period.  I like the old 60/40 poly cotton blend, if you can find them.  Now they want to give us cotton with Spandex which does nothing to reduce the wrinkles in typically wrinkly cotton.

I will wear lightweight denim capris but not long jeans in summer.  Knit pants and French terry are the hottest pants to wear.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Cotton.  The more the better--but will do 2-5 percent spandex.  I have lots of shorts, pedal pushers, capris and crops that I wear--mostly white or navy, some light stone/beige.

I also have light weight linen crop or long pants and lots of linen tops, cotton t-types and a few light weigh cotton shirts. 

Esteemed Contributor

Lightweight cotton/poly French terry!  Sport Savvy  had some nice ones!   

All French terry is not sweatshirt weight!

Respected Contributor

Linen mixes,gauze if not see thru, krinkle cloths (mainly in cotton). I like seersuckers if with some stretch.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like cotton or a cotton poly blend that is predominately cotton. I usually prefer wovens over most knits. I don't mind a small amount of spandex, 2%, or else no spandex.

I hate anything in 100% rayon, viscose, cupric, lyocel, modal. 

I do not find linen to be cool. I like the way it looks but it's not practical. I have too many pure linen shirts that I save because I perspire in them and I dry clean them. I do not like the linen rayon blends that QVC is selling. The blends are  scratchy and do not not look like linen to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear long pants from April until October. Long pants no matter the material are just to hot with it's over 100 degrees every day from now until October. I don't even own an iron and when I buy something from a store I usually scrunch it up and if it wrinkles it stays in the store.