Honored Contributor

Re: What Month Do You Usually Start Wearing Spring Clothes?

In whatever month the weather permits it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I started wearing spring clothes in mid March this year as the weather here in Vancouver went from cold to warm during the day in one week. We seemed to have no transition from winter to summer lately. It was cold a couple of weeks ago too. Last weekend was the first warm weekend of the year.

Esteemed Contributor

I pretty much dress the same all year around.  We have 4 seasons, so in fall I add a jacket and winter add a coat, hat & boots.  Summer is tees & jeans.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG I would love that! I am on zillow.com constantly searching Buncolm County and the Hendersonville area all the way to Boone. We have a couple of years before we are going to retire first, but we want to make sure that we choose the perfect place to retire.

When my husband was an active duty Marine, we lived near the coast for 15 years. Loved it, but we prefer to live in the hills away from the beach.

My son is a marine biologist who lives in Wilmington so I still get my fill of NC's gorgeous beaches. 

I can't wait to move from Maryland and move back to North Carolina, but the only place in the country for my husband's specialty is here in one particular place in Maryland. 

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover Great!  I might mention the furthur you go from Buncombe County goods and services are less.  Boone, NC home of Applichian State Univ, gets the bad as well as late snows.  The skiers love it. In Boone, you are seperated by two lane roads and it's quite, rural and is a major trip to get anywhere.  

Asheville is also a medical hub, our heart unit thought of as equal to Duke University.

You might want to look at Black Mountain, NC.  It's outside of Asheville and as Hendersonville, quite charming.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me, it's not about what the calendar says.  It's what the weather/temperature  is like outside.