Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Month Do You Usually Start Wearing Spring Clothes?

[ Edited ]

Like @Bhvbum  I tend to wear the same clothes year-round using layers.  For instance, I wear short-sleeve T’s all year and if I’m chilly I wear a light hoodie.  I’m at the stage in life I get hot flashes, so I no longer wear long sleeves.  I only wear dresses and tops with either short or ¾ length sleeves. 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@ECBG ................we are neighbors, I live in Rutherfordton an hour south west of Asheville.

@Imaoldhippie Come up one day and meet me for lunch!Smiley Happy

You know we have that big craft show on the grounds of All Souls Episcopal Church, George Vanderbuilt's church the first Saturday in August.  I would meet you when the guild has their July and October shows in the civic center, but I work with them and assist the crafters.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Any month where first letter is capitalized.....

Man Wink

@Andreatoo You are SOOOOOOO spoiled, Girl!!!!!!

Image result for little girl sticking her tongue out

Esteemed Contributor

Mostly I have to wait for July to have hot sunny days on a regular basis.  The pool isn’t much use til then.

It does warm sporadically prior to that.  We had two days over 60 last week and I broke out my Keens.  All over now and back to cool rain with a high around 50.

Honored Contributor

Mid-May.

Respected Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

If we’re lucky here in WI, mid May. Lol

Same in Pennsylvania.  It may be in May that the temps finally hit around 55 +.  Tonight the winds are howling like February.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

I live in NY and usually start wearing Spring clothing mid April, depending on the temperature.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG .........I would like that.  We still attend our church in Arden on Airport Rd.

I would like to attend the craft fairs too.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

The weather here in Memphis, TN has been beautiful - high in the 60's.

Yesterday was the first day to venture into my spring clothing.  I wore a pink cardigan with light grey pants and grey Isaac boots

I'm still wearing winter clothing, but easing into the spring clothing.

I defintiely can't wear any spring footwear until I get a pedicure! 

Honored Contributor

Depends on the weather, but usually sometime in April. I live in the Ohio Valley region. 

We had a high of mid 70s last week, but then a high of 40s in the same week. If the weather is warmer one day, I have plenty of things I can wear in March & April that are lighter weight but don’t “scream” Spring & Summer. When it is 35 in the morning and 75 by 4 pm dressing in layers helps a lot. 

We we seem to have fewer transitional weather days. We might have a couple weeks of moderate temps in April, but by May it is hot.  It seems we go straight from winter to summer sometimes.