Respected Contributor

Re: What Month Do You Usually Start Wearing Spring Clothes?

I dress for the weather. I live in northern Maryland and today it's in the 40's and windy, and it's going to stay chilly all through next week so no capris or sandals yet. Because our weather has multiple personalities, I typically don't put away winter clothing until end of April or early May. 

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover Let me know when you come to town. I'll meet you at a restuarant in Biltmore Village. Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

I "wean my way" into warm weather clothes.

I'll just switch from coat to jacket to lighter jacket or shirt-jacket.  I have almost the exact same clothes in various weights ... just change into a lighter weight fabric of the same thing.  I have a bunch of stuff that is transitional.

My "summer" light colored clothes don't come out until Memorial Day.  It takes a couple of days to change the closets.

Honored Contributor

I'm in Ohio.  It was snowing here this morning.  LOL  I'm in full on winter wear complete with moto boots.

We've had major snowstorms in mid-April here in years past and we've had snow/rain mix on Memorial weekend.  

I don't do much of a transition.  It seems we go from winter to summer and then back to winter.  We generally gon't have much of a spring or fall here anymore.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG ................we are neighbors, I live in Rutherfordton an hour south west of Asheville.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Good question.  Here in Seattle when it went from 50 degrees to 80 degrees in one day last Wednesday, I was unsure what to do!  

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I'd say transitional clothes in April.  Nothing too springy until May, and even then it's a bit iffy.  I'm in CT.  We don't seem to have real springs anymore.  We go from the 60s to the 80s in about a week. (That's what it feels like, anyway.)

I live in NJ and it's the same for me.  In the past several years it seems we sadly skip spring & go right from winter to summer.  Today there is a very cold rain & strong wind - only around 40 degrees.  The wind makes it feel 20 degrees colder & I wore my winter jacket again today.

Respected Contributor

Here in the desert Southwest I am still bouncing back and forth between my winter and summer closets .I love getting lots of use out of both 🥰

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

In Michigan we are still cold into April (has snowed even) but we start wearing more transitional clothes then. Capris and sandals usually mid May to mid September.

I might have seen some bulb shoots but that is it is SE Michigan. It sounds like you live in a nice area. We are still in boots and gloves...mid 40's if we are lucky. 38 today. 20's at night. As long as it doesn't snow (or ice)I am a happy camper.

@wonderfulworld Very interesting.  I'm in W NC, only minutes south of Biltmore House.

Image result for asheville, nc in spring

When do you generally put capris away if they don't come out until possibly mid September?  

Capri weather starts mid May and ends Mid Sept (or a little later). Snow showers 3 times today!

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   I drove to the grocery store with wet snowflakes falling this morning around 9 am.  Around noon or so we had a small squall of hail.  I heard it hitting the window and said what tha?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise