Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: What Month Do You Usually Start Wearing Spring Clothes?

I'm in the deep South, SE Coastal GA, and I wear Spring clothes when the weather permits.

Because of the current weather phenomenon, we keep going back and forth between the 80's and the 60's, so I'm waiting until the temp stays in the upper 70's to 80, till I start wearing  'spring fashions'.

But that's just me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG This is where my husband and I want to retire. As soon as he stops loving his job. We also need to pay off or house in the next five years.

Honored Contributor

It depends on the weather.  By late April, I have put away the winter coat and boots and heavy sweaters and moved on to my spring clothes.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Somewhere around mid April if the weather cooperates.

Same here!  It can still snow even in early April but by tax day trees are starting to bloom, the grass is getting green and flowers are out!

Trusted Contributor

It is still cold here in Iowa, but I put away my heaviest winter clothes about a week ago.  I just don't want to wear fleece anymore.  It's been a rough winter.  I have spring tops, sweaters, and jackets that I have started to wear.  I don't usually wear capris or bermudas until Memorial Day unless we get an unusually warm spell.  

Trusted Contributor

I live in Maryland at the top of the Chesapeake Bay and it is cold and windy today. I am wearing a heavy wool sweater and uggs.

I usually change out my closet on April 1st but it will still be cold here until the end of April. This is the worst time to dress! I don't want to drag out my dark heavy winter clothes, but I don't want to freeze and look like I'm living in Miami. 

I need some advice on what pieces in my wardrobe can transition. I have an LL Bean light gray cotton sweater that I think I will have to wear a lot in the first half of April. I have no transition shoes. What to do?

Respected Contributor

only 40s here today.  in southern NE, by late April the tree buds will begin to blossom.   Closet changeover is mid-April. Afternoons could be warm enough by then for sandals and capris.  Or we could have snow!   But my wishful thinking is kicking in.  went shopping yesterday and have a nice haul of spring outfits....bright tees, lightweight linen/cotton sweaters, white jean capris. except for the white capris, those can be worn now - April first is only 10 days off.....The linen cropped romper i won't be able to wear until late May!

Honored Contributor

Any month where first letter is capitalized.....

Man Wink

Respected Contributor

If we’re lucky here in WI, mid May. Lol

Honored Contributor

I dress according to the temperature.  

kindness is strength