Respected Contributor

Re: What Month Do You Usually Start Wearing Spring Clothes?

I chose the clothes I wear based on the weather, not the calendar. If it's 80 degrees in Feb., I'm likely to wear crop pants and sandals instead of cords and boots. If we get a foot of snow in April, I choose boots over sandals. Makes sense to me.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

In Michigan we are still cold into April (has snowed even) but we start wearing more transitional clothes then. Capris and sandals usually mid May to mid September.

I might have seen some bulb shoots but that is it is SE Michigan. It sounds like you live in a nice area. We are still in boots and gloves...mid 40's if we are lucky. 38 today. 20's at night. As long as it doesn't snow (or ice)I am a happy camper.

@wonderfulworld Very interesting.  I'm in W NC, only minutes south of Biltmore House.

Image result for asheville, nc in spring

When do you generally put capris away if they don't come out until possibly mid September?  

I took it to mean that she wears capris from mid May to mid September.

Trusted Contributor

All depends on the weather. If it’s sunny and mid 60’s -70. Probably mid-April here in the east
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't even think about it until the snow melts.  Right now my backyard is covered.  I'm in Colorado.

Honored Contributor

Usually around May. We really seem to go immediately into Summer and Spring clothing like a lightweight jacket rarely gets worn.

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

I chose the clothes I wear based on the weather, not the calendar. If it's 80 degrees in Feb., I'm likely to wear crop pants and sandals instead of cords and boots. If we get a foot of snow in April, I choose boots over sandals. Makes sense to me.

@nomless , same. I don’t care what the calendar says. 

Respected Contributor

Mid to late April, but it depends 100% on the temperature each day.  One day can be 75, the next 45.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I wore a light pink jean jacket with a black shirt and carried a pink and black purse.  Black jeans and slip on shoes...looks springy but not overly done...it is only 40 degrees in my area this am.

I leave the house at 8 am...so it's pretty chilly when I head out.

Honored Contributor

Uusally end of April, depending on the weather.....

Honored Contributor

I'd say transitional clothes in April.  Nothing too springy until May, and even then it's a bit iffy.  I'm in CT.  We don't seem to have real springs anymore.  We go from the 60s to the 80s in about a week. (That's what it feels like, anyway.)